About the Organiser
The Kerala Law Academy (KLA), is established in 1966 it is a centre for legal studies, legal research and law reforms. Its acclaimed peer-reviewed research journal is published continuously since 1977. Its Law College, affiliated to the University of Kerala, offers Undergraduate programs in BA LL.B. and B.Com LL.B. five year integrated courses, LLB Unitary three year course and Post-Graduate courses of LL.M (Administrative Law), LL.M (International Law) and MBL (Master of Business Law). Its sister concern, CALSAR offers Research program in Law (PhD).
About the Conference
Kerala Law Academy Law College in association with Centre for Advanced Legal Studies and Research (CALSAR) is organizing a One Day International Conference on Emerging Significance of Maritime Law in the Indian and International Arena, via virtual mode on 3rd July 2021 from the Kerala Law Academy Campus, Peroorkada, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
Mode of Conference
The Conference is conducted through online platforms ZOOM and GOOGLE MEET. All the participants should have good access to the internet and be able to access the above said online platform.
Call for Papers
Research Articles are invited from Law Students, Academicians, Lawyers, Social Workers, Policy Makers, and Officials from various Departments- Representatives from Institutions and Professionals; NGO, Social Activists, Social Science Researchers and Faculty and Research Scholars. The Research Articles received would be published in Proceedings with ISBN.
Theme 1 –
- The Jurisdiction of Admiralty Court- Historical Overview.
- Foreign Aspects and Extent of Admiralty Jurisdiction.
- Admiralty Jurisdiction at the Present Time.
- Role of Admiralty Courts in the Exercise of Admiralty Jurisdiction.
Theme 2 –
- History of seafarers and World Shipping.
- Need for the Protection of Legal Rights of Seafarers.
- Protection of Seafarers in the Ancient Period.
- Arrest of Ships and the Legal Issues faced by the Seafarers.
- Flag of Convenience and the Legal Issues faced by the Seafarers.
- Role of International Organisations in protecting the Rights of Seafarers-IMO, ILO, ITF etc.
- Legal Protection of Seafarers: A Comparative Analysis of Different Countries with the Indian Legal System.
Theme 3 –
- Schemes for the Protection of Seafarers in the Indian Legal System.
- Recruitment and Placement of Seafarers.
- Role of the Directorate General of Shipping in the welfare of the Seafarers in India.
Theme 4 –
- Protection of Health and Safety of Seafarers.
- Conditions of employment, and issues related to medical care and welfare of the seafarers.
- Provisions under the Merchant Shipping Act 1958 and International Maritime Labour Convention (MLC) 2006 which ensures Protection of Health and Safety of the Seafarers.
- Issues related to Repatriation and Abandonment of Seafarers.
- Enforcement of Seafarers Claims through Admiralty Proceedings in India.
- Relevance of UNCLOS and other Legal Instruments in Resolving Maritime Disputes.
Theme 5 –
- Threats caused by the Vessels to the Marine Environment.
- Role of the International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships (MARPOL) in protecting Marine Environment.
- Marine Pollution Control Measures.
- Indian Legislations in Preventing Marine Pollution in India.
Theme 6 –
- Preventing and Prosecuting Piracy at Sea: Legal Issues.
- Somalian Pirates: A Challenge to the Maritime Community.
- Role of IMO in Combating Maritime Piracy.
- UNCLOS and Piracy
- Need for Maritime Piracy Law in India: Challenges and Opportunities.
Note: These Themes are not exhaustive, Authors are open to work on any topic related to above mentioned theme.
Deadline of Submission –
Send the abstract on or before 30th May 2021 by e-mail to: email@example.com .
- Submission of Abstracts: 30th May, 2021.
- Communication of Abstract Acceptance: 2nd June, 2021.
- Submission of Full paper: 23rd June, 2021.
- Intimation of Full paper Acceptance: 25th June, 2021
- Date of payment of Registration fee: 28th June, 2021
- International Conference: 3rd July, 2021
There is a Registration fee of Rs.750/- per participant (Additional fee of Rs.250/- should be paid in the case of maximum one Co-Author).
For registration click here – https://keralalawacademy.in/wp/forms/significance-of-maritime-law/
1. Mrs. PRIYA M K (Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy) – 9633311359
Faculty Co- Conveners
- Dr. DAKSHINA SARASWATHY (General Secretary and Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy) – 9744169215.
- Mrs. DARSANA S THAMPI (Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy)- 8086406054.
- Mr. SACHIN B (Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy) – 9446668991.
- AJAY Y – 9746525734
- SRUTHI KANNAN – 8921194385
- HRISHIKESH JAYASARMAN- 7025263839
- NANDAKISHORE A- 9567604290
- ARJUN PM- 9074918354
- GOPIKA SASI- 9495820263
- DARSANA VIKRAM- 9745448409
- SREEDURGA M U- 9400186527
- ASHIQ MUHAMMAD M – 9567627006
- ABHIRAMI S – 8921955648
For Moe Information click – https://keralalawacademy.in/wp/cfp-significance-of-maritime-law/