About the Opportunity
The Gauhati High Court has invited online applications from the practicing Advocates for appointment in 12 (twelve) vacant posts (unreserved) in Grade-I of Assam Judicial Service .
No. of Post – 12 [unreserved]
Last Date of Application – 24th May
Pay Scale – Rs. 51,550-1,230-58,930-1380- 63,0701- per month
- Must be holder of Degree in Law from a recognized University.
– Must be practicing as an Advocate in Courts of Civil and Criminal jurisdiction on the last date fixed for receipt of applications and must have been so practicing for a period of not less than 7 (seven) years as on such date.
-Must have attained the age of 35 (thirty five) years and must not have attained the age of 48 (forty eight) years in the case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes and 45 (forty five) years in the case of others, as on the last date fixed for receipt of applications.
- A candidate must be a citizen of India as defined in Articles 5 & 6 of the Constitution of India.
Selection Criterion –
- The Competitive Examination shall consist of a Preliminary Examination (Screening Test), a Main (Written) Examination and a Viva Voce/Interview.
- Those candidates who will secure 600/o or more marks in the Preliminary Examination shall be eligible for appearing in the Main Examination: Provided that the ratio on the basis of which the candidates will be called for the Main (Written) Examination shall be 1:10. (forone post 10 candidates will be called).
- All candidates who obtain 600/o or more aggregate marks in the Main Written Examination subject to securing at least 45o/o marks in individual Paper-I, II & ilI and minimum 35olo marks in the Official Language Paper (Paper- IV) shall be eligible for Viva Voce.
- The marks secured in the language paper shall be qualifying in nature and shall not be counted in the aggregate marks secured by the candidates in the examination for the purpose of final selection.
- The ratio in which the candidates will be called for viva voce/interview is 1:3 (3 candidates against 1 post) subject to marks obtained as stated above. Interuiew/Viva Voce: 50 Marks.
Note -The candidates shall have to secure minimum 600/o marks in the interview. The final evaluation will be in order of merit subject to overall suitability of the candidate.
Application fee –
- sc/sr -Rs.250/-
- PWD (locomotor disability) – Nil
- all others – Rs.500/-
Important Dates –
- Submission of online application starts – 06/05/2021, 12:00 NOON
- Last date for submission of online application – 24/05/2021, 5:00 PM
- Last date for payment of fees – 27/05/2021, Till bank transaction hours
Application Procedure – Candidates who fulfill the requisite criteria can submit their online application forms, by following the steps , through the home page of the website www.ghconline,gov.in wherein a scroll under the caption “Click here to apply” will be available.
For more details and official notification click – https://ghconline.gov.in/Recruitment/Notification-04-05-2021.pdf