Applications are invited from law graduates for the 27th Course of Judge Advocate General or JAG 2021(grant of Short Service Commission).
The post of Judge Advocate General (JAG) in India is held by a Major General who is the legal and judicial chief of the Army. The Judge Advocate General is assisted by a separate JAG branch which consists of legally qualified army officers.
About the Opportunity
Indian army has published the JAG 27th Notification for the JAG entry 2021 (Judge Advocate General Branch). It is a special entry for the male and female law graduates to join the JAG branch of the Indian Army.
Applications are invited from unmarried male and unmarried female law graduates for grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army for Judge Advocate General (JAG) Branch.
- Nationality: The candidate must either be:
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal,
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia, and Vietnam to permanently settle in India, provided that a candidate belonging to the 2nd and 3rd categories above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will, however, not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
- Age: 21 to 27 years as on 1st July 2021 (Born not earlier than 2nd July 1994 and not later than 01 Jul 2000; both dates inclusive).
- Educational Qualification:
- Law Graduate (3 year/5 year course) with minimum 55% aggregate marks.
- The candidates should be eligible for registration as an advocate with the Bar Council of India/State.
- The candidate should be from a College/University recognized by the Bar Council of India.
Number of Vacancies
- Men: 6 (Six)
- Women: 2 (Two)
Please Note: Only unmarried candidates are eligible to apply for the position of JAG 2021.
Tenure of Engagement
Short Service Commission will be granted to Male and Female in the Regular Army for 14 years i.e. for an initial period of 10 years extendable by a further period of 04 years.
- Male & Female officers who are willing to continue to serve in the Army after the expiry of the period of 10 years of Short Service Commission may, if eligible and suitable in all respects, be considered for the grant of Permanent Commission (PC) in the 10th year of their Short Service Commission in accordance with the relevant policies as issued from time to time.
- Those SSC officers (Male & Female) who are not selected for grant of PC but are otherwise considered fit and suitable, will be given options to continue as SSCOs for a total period of 14 years (including the initial tenure of 10 years) on expiry of which they will be released from the Army.
Training Duration & Location
49 weeks at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai.
Fixed Stipend for Cadet Training: Rs 56,100 per month.
How to Apply
- Applications will only be accepted online on the official website.
- Click on ‘Officer Entry Apply/Login’ and then click ‘Registration’ (Registrations not required, if already registered on the website.
- Fill the online registration form after reading the instructions carefully.
- After getting registered, click on ‘Apply Online’ under the Dashboard.
- A page ‘Officers Selection – ‘Eligibility’ will open. Then click ‘Apply’ shown against Short Service Commission JAG Entry Course. A page ‘Application Form’ will open.
- Candidates must click on ‘Submit Now’ each time they open the application for editing any details.
- The candidates are required to take out two copies of their application having Roll Number, 30 minutes after the final closure of the online application on the last day.
For complete Application Guidelines, click here.
June 4th, 2021 by 3 PM
- For all queries regarding allotment of Selection Centres, date of interview, merit
list, joining instructions, and any other relevant information please visit the official website of the Indian Army
- Queries will be replied only through the ‘Feedback/Queries’ option available on the website.
- Please read the Notification, Tickers on the website, Joining Instructions, and other instructions uploaded on the website thoroughly before submission of queries in ‘Feedback/Query’ on the website.