Himachal Pradesh National Law University is inviting submissions for HPNLU Law Journal [HLJ] Vol. II by annual online publication.
The Law Journal is envisioned to be an essential for promoting multi-disciplinary studies (with law being the focal point) which sits at the core of the National Education Policy, 2020. HLJ promotes research by bringing together legal thoughts from the academia, professionals, social science scholars, and students to add to the existing debates. The Journal maintains its quality by using the technique of double-blind peer review and rigorous editing of each article. In order to ensure that the quality is not foregone, after the final editing, a further review of the selected articles is done by the Editorial Team for finalising whether these articles can be a part of the final publication.
CALL FOR PAPERS
HLJ is accepting submissions from academicians (including faculty members, research scholars, and students), judges, and professionals for this volume. The HLJ is not a limited review of laws but promotes and prescribes writings with an interdisciplinary perspective. Though, the scope of the content of the HLJ is wide, it is advised that the writers should focus on contemporary legal developments, looking at it from the lens of social impact of such developments.
- Articles – 7000-12000
- Words Case Comments – 4000-8000
- Words Notes or Legislative Review – 5000-8000
- Words Book Reviews – 1500-3000 Words
Note – The word limit prescribed for each category is inclusive of the footnotes and references.
There is no prescribed theme(s) or topic(s) for the HLJ. All submissions, whether relating to the legal developments directly or otherwise, are welcome. Inter-disciplinary studies are promoted and contemporary topics of socio-economic relevance are suggested to the writers.
Each submission should include in the first page an Abstract of the paper. The length of the abstract should not exceed 300 words.
- All contributions have to be submitted in the electronic form.
- The paper should be processed in MS Office and the following guidelines must be followed – 1. Paragraphs should be double spaced. 2. Margin on the left and the right-hand side for the paragraphs should be one and half inches. 3. Font should be in type – Palatino Linotype and size – 11, throughout the paper. 4. Footnotes should be in font size 10. 5. Use of italics, bold font, and single inverted commas is suggested for the manuscript.
- All submissions should carry with itself Covering Letter and Undertaking in the Pro-forma prescribed in Annexure – 1 of this notice for call of papers.
- Citation: For citation and references, The Bluebook, A Uniform System of Citation (20th Edn.), should be strictly followed. (Author(s) may visit freely accessible website of Cornell University Law School: http://www.law.cornell.edu/citation/
- Lengthy Quotations discouraged: Author(s) should avoid long quotations and keep it at minimum wherever necessary with full and proper acknowledgement.
- Footnotes: Lengthy and multi-paragraph footnotes are discouraged. It should mention the page(s) of the source(s) and in case where a Court Judgment issued, the footnote should also mention the paragraph of the judgment in addition to the page number of the Reporter.
- Websites: Only authoritative websites may be cited. References to internet sources such as Wikipedia, blogs, commercial websites, etc., are not acceptable.
- The decision on the acceptance of the paper for publication will be of the editorial board which shall be final. The decision of acceptance will be communicated to the contributor.
SUBMISSION DATE – The last date for submission of manuscript is 31 July, 2021.
HLJ VOL. 1 CAN BE ACCESED BY THIS LINK – https://www.hpnlu.ac.in/journal-level-3.aspx?ref-id=9
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT – https://www.hpnlu.ac.in/journal-level-3.aspx?ref-id=14