About the Organisation
Consumer Unity and Trust Society (CUTS) is a leading think-tank working on economic and public policy issues. From its modest beginnings in 1983, CUTS has grown significantly as a local and global research and advocacy group in addressing the challenges to enhance consumer welfare. From a small voluntary consumer non-governmental organisation (NGO) working locally in Rajasthan, a state in North West India, to make consumers aware of their rights and seek resolution of their grievances, CUTS has over time progressed to policy research and network-based advocacy on various public policy issues at state, national, regional and international levels.
Its work spans a multi-pronged agenda targeted to the realisation of CUTS’ Vision of ‘Consumer sovereignty’ and its Mission of ‘consumer sovereignty in the framework of social justice, economic equality and environmental balance, within and across borders.’
Job Post – Senior Research Associate (Technology Policy, Privacy, Data Protection and Security, Artificial Intelligence)
Job Profile – The organisation seeks an experienced Senior Research Associate (SRA) to be a part of a dynamic research team within CUTS. SRA is expected to carry out primary and secondary research in the technology policy sector, on subjects such as infrastructure development, internet governance, cyber space, disruptive technologies, privacy, data protection and security, misinformation and disinformation, encryption, data portability and sharing, digital taxation, artificial intelligence, internet of things etc. and will prepare research reports, write briefing papers, monographs, viewpoint papers etc.
- Identify emerging issues and trends in technology policy and designing researching ideas.
- Undertake research projects in defined areas of interest with end-to-end ownership for project planning, data collection, analysis and documentation.
- Carry out field research and data analysis, including qualitative and quantitative data analysis, behaviour and human centered research.
- Collate and assist in analysis of data collected through pilot projects, and report on findings.
- Deliver projects within agreed timelines, keeping in mind the quality and impact indicators set for the team.
- Partner with the communication, advocacy and outreach teams to effectively disseminate research findings to media and other key stakeholders in the policy making ecosystem. Use innovative means for dissemination. Adept in using social media. Support dialogues, workshops, and conferences on the research outputs.
- Support the fund-raising team in submitting grant proposals and identifying new donors for our projects.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Post Graduate in Economics/ Law/ Regulatory Issues/Competition Law or Bachelor/Masters in Engineering/Technology from an institute of repute.
2. 2-3 years of professional experience of working on ICT, tech policy, cyberspace, disruptive technology, privacy, data protection and security, artificial intelligence, data sharing, misinformation, etc. through research work.
3. Experience of micro/macro-economics, public policy, competition, regulatory economics, governance and finance based research.
4. Experience of working in a multicultural environment will be an added advantage.
SKILLS REQUIRED –
· Excellent writing skills for research papers as well as mass publications;
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
· Passionate about research and new technologies; · Team player; · Ability to generate goodwill with working partners;
· Ability to manage parallel tasks and deliver on time to meet internal and external deadlines; and
· Competency in the use of market research tools, statistical packages such as Strata, SPSS and data analysis is an added advantage
JOB Location – The position will be based in CUTS headquarters in Jaipur. Occasional travel around India with potential for international travel to conferences will be expected.
How to Apply?
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a cover letter highlighting your suitability for the position. Please mention job code in subject line of application. Any application received without the appropriate job code will not be considered.
Contact Information –
E.mail – email@example.com
Click here for Official Notification – https://cuts-international.org/PDF/CUTS57SRA.pdf