About The Journal
The Indian Journal of Socio-Legal and Contemporary Issues (IJOSLCA) is a student run online law journal started by the conjoint efforts of collaboration of students across various NLUs and Central universities in the country. Under the guidance of respectable Patrons and the esteemed Professors of NLUs in the Advisory Board, IJOSLCA intends to provide quality research papers. IJOSLCA is a double-blind peer-reviewed journal. Breaking the barriers of limited legal discussions, the journal not only confines its scope to the latest developments in the legal field but aims to create an inter-disciplinary forum to analyze the social issues in light with the legal discussions. The journal is wide enough to include national as well as international legal and policy-based issues within its scope.
Call for Papers – The journal calls for submission of papers from academicians, practitioners, researchers and students on diversified issues of socio-legal and contemporary importance.
- ERA OF VIRTUAL COURTS: THE TIME TO REVISIT PROCEDURAL LAWS.
- COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF LAW OF CONTEMPT VIS-À-VIS THE FREEDOM OF SPEECH.
- THE ARBITRATION SETTLEMENT OF INVESTMENT DISPUTES BETWEEN STATES AND NATIONALS OF OTHER STATES
- REMOTE SENSING POLICIES AND DATA PROTECTION.
- TRANSGENDER PERSON’S RIGHT TO MARRIAGE AND ADOPTION.
- EXTENDING CIVIL AND SOCIAL RIGHTS TO ANIMALS.
- ILLEGAL ORGAN AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING DURING COVID-19.
- THE NEED FOR REFORM IN CRIMINAL LAW OF INDIA.
- THE RIGHT TO PROTEST AND THE RIGHT TO FREE MOVEMENT.
- LEGISLATIVE INTERFERENCE IN THE RIGHT to CHOICE/RELIGION/MARRIAGE
Categories of Submission –
- Research Papers: 4,000 – 8,000 words
- Long Articles: 3,000 – 4,000 words
- Short Articles/Essays: 2,000 – 3,000 words
- Case commentaries: 1,500 – 2,500 words
NOTE – Word limits are inclusive of footnotes.
Submission Guidelines –
- Submission should be made in MS Word format (doc.) or (.docx). Pdf format shall not be entertained.
- The submissions shall be original, unpublished and shall not be under consideration anywhere.
- The manuscript shall strictly be free from plagiarism (except the accepted 20%), any spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.
- The format shall be in following manner- Font Style – Times New Roman . Font Size – Heading – 14, Content – 12; Footnotes – 10 o Line Spacing – Main Content – 1.5; Footnotes – 1 . Paraphrasing – Justified o Margins – 1 from all sides.
- The citation style shall strictly be in consonance with Harvard Bluebook (20th Edition).
- Each submission must be accompanied by an Abstract. The word limit for the abstract shall be 300 words.
- All the submissions must be accompanied by a cover letter including the names of author; email-id; contact number, name of institution and the title of the paper. No personal information shall be mentioned in the text or the file of the manuscript.
- In case of co-authorship, which is allowed up to two authors, cover letter shall contain the details of both the authors.
- Contributors are requested to provide full details of phone numbers, postal address and email address.
- All the submissions are required to be addressed to The Editorial Board, Indian Journal of Socio-Legal and contemporary Affairs and shall be mailed on: email@example.com in (.doc) / (.docx) format with the subject “Submission for IJOSLCA”
- Submission of full paper (soft copy) – April 30,2021.
- Acknowledgement of the submission – within 48 hours of submission.
- Intimation of selection / rejection – Within 15 days of the submission
- Date of Publication – May 15, 2021
Publication fee – Publication is free of cost.
CONTACT PERSONS –
Ripul Swati – (91) 7739788809
Mehar Ejaz – (91) 7982012905
Nabil Iqbal – (91) 8130993579
For any queries, mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
WEBSITE LINK: www.ijoslca.com
For the Brochure – https://ijoslca.files.wordpress.com/2021/04/brochure-volume-ii-issue-i.pdf