Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (RGNUL) is an autonomous National Law University (NLU) established by the RGNUL Act (No. 12 of 2006) passed by the legislature of the State of Punjab, under the second wave of reforms instituted by the Bar Council of India. Established in 2006, RGNUL has garnered a pan-India reputation as a stellar institution for legal research and education. In May 2015, RGNUL became the first and the only NLU to have been accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with an ‘A’ grade. The University has been ranked among the top 10 law schools in India in the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), published by the Union Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
ABOUT SHARDUL AMARCHAND MANGALDAS & CO
Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co. (SAM & Co.) is recognised as one of the leading law firms in India for international and domestic arbitration. The firm has been acknowledged as Band 1 for Dispute Resolution by Chambers and Partners Global, 2021, Band 1 for ‘Dispute Resolution and White-Collar Crime’ by Chambers and Partners Asia Pacific, 2021, and Tier 1 for ‘Dispute Resolution: Litigation and Arbitration’ by the Legal 500, 2021.
ABOUT THE CONCLAVE
The RGNUL–SAM Conclave on Arbitration in Practice, 2021 aims to initiate a discourse on the pressing and contemporary issues in arbitration practice in India, and present novel and innovative solutions to the issues faced by all the stakeholders. It will bring together leading arbitration experts from SAM & Co. and other professionals in the field of arbitration to share practical insights into the evolving opportunities and persisting hurdles likely to shape arbitration in the coming years.
Mode of Conclave – The Conclave would be held online and consist of two sessions: Expert Discussion and Paper Presentation Session.
Sub – themes :
- Essential Qualities/Qualification of Arbitrators for the Next Decade: Will Accreditation of Arbitrators in India help Parties make a Better Choice?
- Inflated and Frivolous Claims in Arbitration: Whether Introduction of Ad- Velorem Charges on Claims can curb this Practice?
- Unwarranted Delays during Arbitration Proceedings after Completion of Pleadings: Causes and Feasible Solutions
- Quantification of Damages in Arbitration: Are Domestic Arbitrations not getting the Benefit of Expert Witnesses?
- Confidentiality Concerns in Amazon-Future like Arbitration Disputes: How to Implement Confidentiality in Arbitration Disputes in the Court of Law?
- Third-Party Funding and Contingency Counsel Fee Arrangements in Arbitration: Legality and Concerns
Note: The authors may opt to write on any other topic apart from the abovementioned sub-themes, provided that it falls under the ambit of “Arbitration in Practice”. Such authors shall submit a Research Proposal (800- 1200 words) to the Editorial Board explaining the research objective and highlighting the key issues and arguments of the proposed paper. The Research Proposals shall be sent for approval to the Editorial Board at email@example.com by April 20, 2021. The Editorial Board would communicate its decision within 3-5 days of submission of approval.
Submission Guidelines –
- The submissions are invited within and outside India for the purpose of the paper presentation.
- The submissions shall be written in the English language only.
- Co-authorship is limited to a maximum of two authors.
- The word limit for the submission is 2000-4000 words (exclusive of abstract and footnotes).
- The author(s) are required to submit an abstract, not exceeding 250 words, within their manuscript.
- Body: Submissions shall be typewritten in Times New Roman, font size 12 with line spacing 1.5 and justified alignment.
- Footnotes: Citations shall be in accordance with The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th Ed.). All the footnotes shall be typewritten in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single line spacing and justified alignment. Use of speaking footnotes is strictly prohibited.
Copyright – Author(s) shall divest the copyright of the manuscript to RGNUL Financial and Mercantile Law Review, Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab, once the manuscript has been selected for publication. However,all moral rights shall remain with the author(s).
Submission Procedure –
- The author(s) shall register for the paper presentation and submit the manuscript through the registration-cum-submission form here- https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfMMHb0YNffp2gYmf48YbGRN4fQkieiG6d5PmlvBmGYMoC7Qg/viewform
before the submission deadline.
- No author is allowed to submit more than one manuscript.
- The author(s) shall submit the manuscript in .doc or .docx format.
- The author(s) shall submit the manuscript along with a duly signed Certificate of Originality and Copyright in the format provide by the organisation .
Important Dates –
- Submission of research proposal – April 20, 2021
- Deadline for submission of manuscripts: April 30, 2021
- Intimation to authors of entries shortlisted for paper presentation: May 5, 2021
- Deadline for Registration for Expert Discussion: May 8, 2021
- Date of Online Conclave: May 8, 2021
- Intimation to authors of entries shortlisted for publication: June 07, 2021
For more Information – https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kyUWIh2GJ9CYzUT0LefXtXLtIH1xq6A8/view