The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) of India was established on 12 October, 1993. The statute under which it is established is the Protection of Human Rights Act (PHRA), 1993 as amended by the Protection of Human Rights (Amendment) Act, 2006. It is in conformity with the Paris Principles, adopted at the first international workshop on national institutions for the promotion and protection of human rights held in Paris in October 1991, and endorsed by the General Assembly of the United Nations by its Regulations 48/134 of 20 December, 1993.
The NHRC is an embodiment of India’s concern for the promotion and protection of human rights.
About the Internship
Applications are invited from eligible students of the entire country for the Month of April 2021 the “Online Short Term Internship Programme April 2021 (OSTI- April, 2021)”. The internship will commence from 16thApril , 2021 (Friday) to 30th April, 2021 (Friday) (15 days).
- Students studying in 3rd year and onwards of any integrated 5 year PG course
- Students studying in 3rd / final year of graduation course
- Students of any semester/year of any post-graduate degree course
- Students of any semester/ year of any post-graduate diploma course
- Students who are research scholars in any stream.
- Students must have consistently attained a minimum of 60% marks in Class XII and all subsequent courses including the presently pursued courses. The calculated percentage has to be mentioned clearly from their CGPA/SGPA alongwith the formula for percentage obtained.
Note: Failure to do either of it so would result in rejection of application form.
- A 250 words write-up on the topic “ Statement of Purpose (SoP) for joining NHRC Online Short Term Internship” will be required to be submitted by the applicants along with the application form online which will also serve as a basis of selection. Students who have research potential in the areas relating to human rights will be preferred (to be indicated in the write-up). 13544/2021/TRNG 13 – 2 – 5.
- SOP, Co-curricular activities, internships, moot court participation, successful research projects undertaken; work/projects with NGOs are the few illustrated criteria for enhancing the chances of selection are to be mentioned.
- Enclose Self attested scanned copies of mark-sheet from 12th Standard and onwards and mark-sheet of each year/semester of presently pursuing course (and recommendation by concerned HOD/Dean/Principal of present course only).
- All the student interns successfully completing the internship would receive a stipend of Rs. 2000/- (Rupees Two Thousand only)
• Certificate of participation will be awarded to the candidates on the basis of following parameters: Attendance, Punctuality, Discipline, Participation in online sessions is mandatory; Project Presentation & Project Reports and Book Review have to be submitted timely.
Mode of Application – Online only.
Last Date of Applying – 4th April [11:59PM] 2021
Contact Information – Ph: 011–24663283, 24663371 (between 10.00 am to 5.30 pm on working days, i.e. Monday to Friday).
For official notification Link – https://nhrc.nic.in/sites/default/files/advt_OSTI_April2021.pdf
To Apply click on – https://hrcnet.nic.in/training/candidate/Guidelines.aspx