About the University
K.R. Mangalam University, Haryana is a State Private University established under Haryana Private Universities Act and is empowered to award degrees under section 2f of the UGC Act, 1956.
About School of Legal Studies
School of Legal Studies at K.R. Mangalam University offers Bar Council of India (BCI) approved five-year BBA LL.B. (H) integrated programme, five-year B.Com. LL.B. (H) integrated programme, five-year BA LL.B. (H) integrated programme, three-year LL.B. (H) programme and One Year LL.M. programme. These law programmes have the distinct objective of equipping the students with knowledge, skills and attitude so as to make them capable of successfully meeting the present requirements and future challenges in legal profession. The courses are intended to impart intensive knowledge and training in the law subjects as well as the non- law subjects and help students to acquire wider perspective both for managerial responsibilities and professional application and train them for a successful career.
About National Symposium
Constitution, as a fundamental norm, includes the entire framework of the nation along with the principles and instruments to achieve the desired ends of developing the nation. But the framework keeps on changing as it is never permanent. Some of the essential features of the Constitution are independence of judiciary, respect for individual rights, and impartial hearings of those who are charged with criminal offences. Criminal justice system is a part of administration of justice embodied in the Constitution. The Indian Criminal Justice system, a legacy of British system, has four subsystems viz. legislature, enforcement, adjudication and corrections. Within their limited jurisdictions mentioned in the Indian Constitution, these subsystems (Parliament, Police, courts, prisons etc.) perform their duties. The Symposium aims to form an opinion about the Justice System and calls for suggestions that can make Indian Criminal Justice System strong enough to deal with rights and obligations of both the victim as well as the accused.
Theme of the Symposium – Transformation of Criminal Justice System in India.
Sub Themes: 1. Constitutional provisions in Indian Criminal Justice System
2. Rights of women, children and marginalised groups under Criminal Justice System
3. Criminal Justice Reform and the System’s Efficiency
4. Law enforcement agencies – Police and Investigating Agencies: A gateway to Access to Justice
5. Rights of prison inmates
6. Role of Judicial Institutions: Courts, Tribunals in access to justice
7. Criminal justice system and punishment
8. Incorporation of ADR in Criminal Justice System: An alternative to speedy trial
9. Upholding individual’s religion in a secular criminal justice system
10. Euthanasia vis-à-vis Right to Life
11. Race, ethnicity, social structure and crime
12. Sedition v. Right to Freedom
13. Decriminalization of attempt to suicide
14. Capital Punishment – Abolishment of Death Penalty
Note: The author can also select any other sub theme related to Criminal Justice System.
Submission Guidelines – ABSTRACT: The abstract should not exceed 300 words and must be accompanied by a cover page stating the following: –
• Title of the Paper
• Name of the author (s)
• E-mail address
• Postal address and Contact Number
Full Research Paper – The paper should have a minimum of 3000 (exclusive of footnotes) & maximum of 5000 words (inclusive of footnotes).
• There can be only an author and one co-author. Inclusion of more than one co-author will result in automatic disqualification.
• The main text should be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and spacing of 1.5.
• The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single line spacing.
• One inch margin on all sides should be maintained.
• Citation Style: Bluebook 19th Edition.
• All correspondence must be sent to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note – The full paper must be emailed to email@example.com. in on or before 3rd April, 2021 with the subject as:- “SUBMISSION OF FULL PAPER FOR NATIONAL SYMPOSIUM”.
Registration Details – In case of co-authorship, both the participants have to register & pay separately. Registration can be done by filling the following Google form latest by 8th April 2021.
Registration Fee – For Indian Participants –
Academicians – Rs. 500/- per paper
Research Scholar/ students – Rs. 300/- per paper
Receipt of Abstract of the paper- 17th March 2021
Acceptance of the Abstract Notification- 24th March 2021
Receipt of full paper- 3rd April 2021
Registration close -8th April 2021
Contact Details –
Faculty Coordinator – Dr.Archana Vashishth – 9717391147
Student Coordinator – Pratiksha Varshney- 7835078703
Sagar Kumar- 8800109080