Waters Corporation is looking to hire for the job post of Legal Assistant, who will report directly to the Legal Counsel – Europe, for its office in Bangalore.
About the Company
Waters Corporation is a publicly-traded Analytical Laboratory instrument and software company headquartered in Milford, Massachusetts. The company employs more than 7,500 people, with manufacturing facilities located in Milford, Taunton, Massachusetts; Wexford, Ireland; Wilmslow, around 13 miles south of Manchester, England; and contract manufacturing in Singapore. Waters has Sites in Frankfurt, in Germany, and in Japan.
Waters markets to the laboratory-dependent organization in these market areas: liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry, supercritical fluid chromatography, laboratory informatics, rheometry, and microcalorimetry.
It is the world’s leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry, and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials, and food sciences for more than 60 years.
The Legal Assistant, Europe will be responsible for working on a wide range of Agreements, docket keeping. The Legal Assistant, Europe is required to be flexible and has the ability to work confidently with guidance from the Legal Counsel, Europe as needed. The Legal Assistant will provide support for the day-to-day needs of the business in a professional, collaborative and effective manner.
The Legal Assistant, Europe will report directly to the Legal Counsel – Europe.
The Legal Assistant will be seated in Bangalore.
- Legal Research
- Drafting /Vetting of NDAs, CDAs, MOUs, and variations related to software instrumentation
- Drafting and/or reviewing collaboration agreements, beta agreements, seeding agreements and software agreements.
- Ensuring adequate documentation is in place for projects – events contracts, speaker agreements, sponsorship agreements, statement of works.
- Managing the legal team inbox with initial questions about matters and setting up and conducting subsequent interviews to carry out the requests.
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Graduate in LLB
- Internship experience with law firm and/or in-house.
- Proven ability to establish a high degree of credibility, respect, and trust at all levels.
- Strong personal communication skills, capable of dealing with a wide range of people.
- Effective planning and organizing skills to prioritize key areas of responsibility, tasks, and projects in a high-pressure environment.
- Proven ability to multi-task, be detail-oriented, and solve problems analytically.
- Strong team player who is both committed and flexible.