Dr. D. Y. Patil College of Law, Navi Mumbai is organizing its Annual National Women’s Day Article Writing Competition to encourage dialogue and provoke thought on Women’s Rights.
About the Organizer
The Dr. D. Y. Patil College of Law, Navi Mumbai, inherits the legacy of DY Patil University, which is a renowned premier University in the country and has been established with an objective to provide quality legal education to its students, with a vision and mission to train students by inculcating an aspiration for the furtherance of justice and for creating community leaders, to build a better tomorrow.
About the Opportunity
Dr. D. Y Patil College of Law celebrates women’s empowerment and women’s achievement on March 8, 2021, on International Women’s Day. We at Dr. D. Y. Patil College of Law are of the solemn belief that the young thinkers of today are key to a positive shift in the social paradigm of tomorrow, and with this belief, they wish to encourage dialogue and provoke thought on Women’s Rights and all ancillary concerns pertaining to women, and for this object we are inviting papers/articles on the general subject of Women, Women’s Rights, and development in laws pertaining to Women.
Who is it for?
Submissions are open to all those interested.
- All contributions submitted to the Article Writing Competition of Dr. D. Y. Patil College of Law should be original, and should not have any plagiarized content.
- By submitting contributions to the Article Writing Competition of Dr. D. Y. Patil College of Law, the author(s) confirms that the manuscript is not being simultaneously considered for publication elsewhere (online or print).
- Pieces with relevance to Women/Women’s Rights/Laws pertaining to Women etc. will only be accepted, and this criterion is inflexible.
- The acceptable word limit for submissions is between 1000-4000 words. The acceptability of varying word limits is flexible depending on the quality of the submission. All word limits are exclusive of footnotes.
- The body of the manuscript should be in Times New Roman, font size 12 with 1.5 line spacing. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single line spacing.
- The manuscript should contain only footnotes (and not endnotes) as a method of citation. Citations must conform to OSCOLA (Oxford University Standard for the Citation of Legal Authorities) (4th) style of citation.
- Authors may be provided guidance for this purpose if required.
- Authors are required to adhere to the Dr. D. Y. Patil Style Guide which can be found linked/attached below.
- For the first iteration of this article writing competition, there will be adequate leniency regarding the enforcement of formatting guidelines to ensure ease of participation.
- Submissions may be emailed to drdypcolmootcourt2021[at]gmail.com under the subject “Name – College – Title of Article”. All submissions must contain the following:
- The manuscript in a .doc or .docx format. The manuscript should not contain the name of the author, or any other identity markers. The title of the manuscript should indicate the sub-theme that the author(s) have chosen.
- A separate cover letter in a .doc or .docx format, containing the Name of the author, Professional/Personal Information, Title of the manuscript, and contact information.
- An abstract of not more than 150 words.
- The deadline for submissions is March 21, 2021, at 11.59 PM.
- Co-authoring of papers among individuals of the same or different institutions is not permissible. Only single authorship articles will be permitted.
- Upon submission, every manuscript will undergo two internal reviews by the Board of Editors. If approved in both rounds, it is subject to a double-blind peer-review process.
- We hope to update authors on their submissions 7 days after their submission.
There are no fees associated with the submissions. It is completely free.
- 1st Prize: Rs. 10,000/- (Rupees Ten Thousand only) + Certificate of Achievement
- 2nd Prize: Rs. 5,000/- (Rupees Five Thousand only) + Certificate of Achievement
- 3rd Prize: Rs. 3,000/- (Rupees Three Thousand only) + Certificate of Achievement
The deadline for submissions is March 21, 2021, at 11.59 PM.
- For more information, please contact +91 7775868637 (Shayan Usmani) or +91 8976296746 (Mr. Vignesh Narayanan)
- For queries, write to us at drdypcolmootcourt2021[at]gmail.com; Under the subject “Query – (Your query)”