Participatory Research in Asia (PRIA) is inviting applications for internship, to assist in coordination and research, and documentation of PRIA Youth interventions and activities.
Established in 1982, PRIA (Participatory Research in Asia) is a global center for participatory research and training based in New Delhi. PRIA has linkages with nearly 3000 NGOs to deliver its programs on the ground.
PRIA’s work is focused on the empowerment of the excluded through capacity building, knowledge building, and policy advocacy. Over three decades PRIA has promoted ‘participation as empowerment, capacity building of community organizations, and people’s participation in governance. Initiatives are undertaken in the overall perspective of ‘making democracy work for all – in the political system; democratic culture in families, communities, and society; and participatory democracy with active citizenship.
Recognizing the shift in the Indian demographic and the rapidly changing environment, in 2017 PRIA began working extensively with young people on pressing socio-economic challenges, through its PRIA Youth program which undertakes initiatives to promote the everyday participation of youth to promote democratic principles and practices. All of PRIA Youth projects are youth-led, youth-designed, and youth-engaged, using creative and participatory mediums such as theatre, writing, art, sports, poetry, sports, digital mediums, etc.
About the Role
PRIA is looking for a young, dynamic, self-motivated person to assist in coordination and research, and documentation of PRIA Youth interventions and activities.
The role involves:
- Liaising with college students and academic institutions
- Documentation of training, and events
- Assisting with the monitoring of youth programs
This is a full-time, paid internship based in PRIA’s New Delhi office, with travel to field locations.
- Fresh Graduate/post-graduate in any social science discipline/political science/social work/development communication/journalism
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Hindi
- Creative, with the ability to produce engaging content
- Should be able to manage multiple tasks
- Familiar with social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, etc
- Must be a team player with good interpersonal skills
Apply by March 20, 2021
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can email their CVs to hr[at]pria.org.
- Mark the subject line as “Application for Intern Position”.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews.
Note: PRIA is also looking to engage eligible individuals for other roles. Check that out, here.