The 1st Virtual National Moot Court Competition is being organized by the Faculty of Law, Marwadi University from 16th April to 18th April 2021.
About Faculty of Law, Marwadi University
Faculty of Law, Marwadi University is poised to create the finest legal professionals in the country. With the support of profound academicians, superlative top management, and industry contacts with lawyers and corporates, the team is confident of making a mark in this prestigious profession.
The prime objective of the Faculty of Law is to provide dedicated educational facilities to the students while transforming them into the lawmakers and leaders of tomorrow. The Law Faculty also received a grant of 9.2 lac euros from the Erasmus Plus project by the European Union to initiate a master’s degree program in Refugee Law. It has also signed MoUs with CIArb and Chicago Kent College of Law, the USA, for faculty transfer, student transfer, joint research projects, and summer and winter schools. Furthermore, the Knowledge Review magazine has named the Faculty of Law, Marwadi University as one of the Top 10 Leading Law Institutes in India.
About the Moot Court Competition
In these times, while we are combating the crisis which has precariously driven us to the edge of our existence, we at the Faculty of Law, Marwadi University are committed to a show of cooperative and collective resilience. Hence, we have planned to organize its 1st Virtual National Moot Court Competition to provide an environment where aspiring lawyers can enhance their legal proficiencies and mooting skills with a unique concept.
For the first time participants will be restricted to 1st year bonafide law students enrolled in the 5-year integrated program and 3 years LLB program with the aim to inspire, promote, and inculcate drafting & writing techniques, oratory skills, and high-focus research acumen in 1st year law students. The competition strives to give a platform to the budding lawyers of our country to imbibe analytical skills in real-time situations. The aim is to engage with students and allow them to have first-hand experience of the complexities of the law.
Online (Zoom/Google Meet)
16th-18th April 2021
1st-year law students enrolled in 3 years LLB program and 5 years integrated program from any college/institution/university recognized by BCI across the country.
There is no bar on the number of teams participating from one college/institution/university.
The team shall comprise of either two members (being designated as Speakers and one of the speakers shall be designated as Researcher)
Three members (two of them shall be designated as Speakers and one of them shall be designated as Researcher).
No team will be allowed to substitute any of its members after a team has submitted its Registration form, except with the permission of the organizers.
- The registration shall be done by filling up the registration form available at our official Website.
- The registration shall be considered complete only when the ‘Registration Fee’ has been paid successfully and the registration form is duly filled with all the credentials.
- Registration Fee
- The registration fee for the competition is 1500.00 INR.
- Commencement of Registration: 1st March 2021
- Last date for seeking Clarifications (if any): 15th March 2021
- Last date of Registration: 1st April 2021
- Last date for submission of memorials (online): 7th April 2021
- Inaugural Ceremony and Orientation: 16th April 2021
- Preliminary Rounds: 16th April 2021
- Quarterfinal Rounds: 17th April 2021
- Semi-final Rounds: 17th April 2021
- Final Round: 18th April 2021
- Valedictory Ceremony and Prize Distribution: 18th April 2021
- Mr. Pratyush Khanna, Chairperson NMCC Contact details: +91 72501 -17221
- Mr. Tushar Jain, Co-Chair NMCC Contact details: +91 82394 01801
- You may in the alternative, write to folnmcc[at]marwadieducation.edu.in