Applications are invited for the empanelment of lawyers to the Bihar State Legal Services Authority, Patna, (Total 75) under District Legal Services Authority, Madhepura for the year 2021-2024 (3 years).
About the BSLSA
National Legal Services Authority (NALSA) is the apex body constituted under the provision of the Act to lay down policies and principles for making legal services available and to frame effective and economical schemes for Legal Services. It also disburses funds and grants to SLSAs and NGOs for implementing Legal Aid schemes and programs.
To carry out the provisions of the Legal Services Authorities Act,1987, the Bihar Government, in consultation with the Chief Justice of the High Court of Judicature at Patna, made the Bihar State Legal Services Authority Rules,1996. After notification of the Rules, the Government of Bihar abolished the Bihar Legal Aid Board, and Bihar State Legal Services Authority was constituted on 29.11.1997. Hon’ble Mr.Justice Aftab Alam took over the office as the Executive Chairman of BSLSA. The First member Secretary of the BSLSA, Shri B.K. Thakur joined on 11.3.1998. Later on in the same year, ‘Bihar State Legal Services Authority Regulations,1998 was framed and came into force on 15th March 2001.
Patna High Court Legal Services Committee and Committee for Ranchi Bench were set up on 12.1.99. District legal services authorities were constituted for the first time on 30-11-99 vide notification no. 5282 of BSLSA dated 30.11.99. After completion of all formalities for the constitution of SLSA and DLSAs, System started taking shape. Bihar State Legal Services Authority started holding meetings regarding different topics and subjects of public benefits and interests like legal aid to the poor and the needy, prisoners’ condition in the jails of Bihar, etc.
Since its constitution, the Authority has been working with its full efficiency giving legal aid to the poor and the needy and supporting the ADR system to lessen the load of the Courts.
About the Opportunity
In compliance with the direction of Bihar State Legal Services Authority, Patna, the application is invited for new empanelment of Panel Lawyer (total 75) under District Legal Services Authority, Madhepura for the year 2021-2024 (3 years).
A. For District Headquarter: 50 lawyers will be impaneled
Out of them:
- For J.J.B. Board: 15 lawyers including 5 women lawyers
- For the protection of women from Domestic Violence: 10 women lawyers
- The rest for Civil, Criminal Revenue: 25 lawyers
B. For Subdivisions Udakishunganj: 25 lawyers will be impaneled
Out of them :-
- For Protection of Women From Domestic Violence Act, 2005: 5 Women lawyers
- Rest for Civil, Criminal, Revenue, etc: 20 lawyers including women
- Must be a lawyer as well as a legal practitioner.
- Must have at least three years experience certificate issued by concerned Bar Association.
- Must give an affidavit in which he/she declares that no criminal or a civil case is pending in any court in which he/she is party.
How to Apply?
- Candidates are directed that they can send their filled application form with necessary document to Office, District Legal Services Authority, Madhepura whose shall be addressed to the District & Sessions Judge cum Chairman, District Legal Services Authority Madhepura till March 15, 2021, through speed post/registered post.
- They can also submit the filled application form personally to the Office of District Legal Services Authority, Madhepura.
No application will be entertained/considered after 5 PM of March 15, 2021.