Sathyabama School of Law is organizing Col. Dr. Jeppiaar 2nd All India Virtual Moot Court Competition 2021 from April 8-10, 2021.
About School of Law, Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology
Sathyabama School of Law aspires to be an internationally renowned Centre for research and teaching in law. School of Law is dedicated to advancing human dignity, social welfare, and justice through knowledge of the law. Their courses are academically rigorous, informed by the latest research. Courses are taught by dedicated, efficient, and industrious faculty and a cadre of intellects that includes respected judges and experienced practitioners.
A. Composition and Eligibility
- Each team shall comprise two speakers and one researcher.
- Students from all law colleges/institutions/universities across the country recognized by the Bar Council of India are eligible to take part in the competition.
- All participants must be currently pursuing their bachelor’s degree in Law, i.e., either 3 year or 5-year courses.
- Only one team per college shall be allowed to participate.
- The official language of the competition shall be English.
B. Mode of Online Round
- The rounds will be conducted via (Zoom). All teams are requested to download the app beforehand on their devices.
- Teams participating in this competition are advised to use a stable internet connection for ensuring smooth presentations.
- The host institution shall not be held responsible for any connectivity or network issues that might arise during the course of oral arguments. ·
- Team Code will be communicated via email to every participating team after submission of their memorials to the organizers.
- The participant teams are required to register provisionally through a mail confirming your participation (details of the team, roles, and name of your institution) to sslmootsociety[at]gmail.com.
- Once the provisional registration is successfully completed, the teams are required to complete the main registration.
- The last date for provisional registration is 10th March 2021.
The Main Registration shall be completed by filling up the google form which will be mailed by the Organizing Committee once your provisional registration is successfully completed.
- The Google Form must be filled once by each team and the College Identity Card/ any other identification document of each participant must also be uploaded with the Google Forms. The section for the same has been created in the form.
- Teams are supposed to complete their Registration by 15 March 2021 by 10 PM.
- The registration fee shall be Rs. 2000 per team.
- The Mode of Payment of the registration fee shall be Account Transfer or UPI transfer.
- The registration fee shall be paid in favor of the below-mentioned Account.
- A/c No- 616546836
- IFSC Code- IDIB000S201
- Account Holder’s Name- Dr. Dilshad Shaik OR
- Google Pay Number: 9849000331
- Participants are required to submit Memorandum or Written Submissions on behalf of both the Petitioner(s) and the Respondent(s).
- Only the Team Code shall be specified on the top right corner of the Memorandum. Any reference to the participating institution/college/university shall result in immediate disqualification.
- No amendment to the memorandum shall be permitted after submission of the soft copies.
- Only soft copies of memorials shall be submitted in both pdf and .doc format latest by 10 pm on 05.04.2021. No memorials shall be accepted after the prescribed date. Authorities shall be submitted in pdf format on or before April 7, 2021, with the allotted team code.
- Any memorial submitted after the deadline shall be subject to a penalty for a late submission.
- The memorials shall be mailed to sslmootsociety[at]gmail.com with the subject of the mail being “Memorial Submission – ‘Team Code’.
- Violation of any of the above rules shall result in the deduction of points.
- In case of any issue regarding time, the receiving time mentioned in the organizer’s email id i.e.‘sslmootsociety[at]gmail.com’ will be considered to be final. And the sole decision rights are with the organizers.
- Compendium has to be submitted to the organizing committee through e-mail at the time of memorial submission. The Compendium should only be one PDF file, for easy accessibility of the judges.
- Winner: Rs. 10,000 and merit certificate.
- Runner up: Rs. 5,000 and merit certificate.
- Best Student Advocate: Rs. 2,000 and merit certificate.
- Best Memorial: Rs. 2000 and merit certificate.
- Participation Certificate: E-certificate of participation shall be provided to all the participants who will be submitting the memorial.
Email ID: sslmootsociety[at]gmail.com
Mr. P.S.S. Gowrishangar
Mobile Number: +91 96298 48534/ +91 9849000331
Moot Court Society
President: Ms. P. Arya Abaranji
Mobile Number: +91 95000 44929
Vice President: Mr. C.G. Eeshwaa
Mobile Number: +91 63835 50954