The Moot Court Society of GLC Thiruvananthapuram is organizing their 15th All India Moot Court (1st Virtual) Competition 2021, scheduled to be held from 18th to 20th April 2021.
About the College
Government Law College Thiruvananthapuram stands proud in the brilliance of a thousand legal suns, risen from its stellar existence of over a hundred and forty-five years. The institution which was the brain-child of the Maharaja of Travancore was conceived on 31 st January 1875 and has successfully carved out a golden niche in the legal fraternity of this country.
About the Moot
Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, the prestigious 15thAll India Moot Court Competition, hosted by the Government Law College, Thiruvananthapuram will be held via virtual mode from 18th to 20th March 2021. The competition is conducted through the online platform GOOGLE MEET. All the participating teams should have good access to the internet and be able to access the above said online platform at the scheduled dates and time. This is a mandatory requirement for participation.
- The Competition is open to all Law Colleges / Law Schools, Universities, Departments of Law in India recognized by the Bar Council of India.
- The participation is limited to LL.B/ B.L students both in the Three year Scheme and Five Year Scheme. Students doing postgraduation in law and students undergoing correspondence courses are not eligible to participate in the Competition.
- Only one team from each participating institution shall be registered for the competition. Each team shall comprise three members (two speakers and one researcher).
The team intending to participate must register on or before 4th March 2021 by submitting the duly filled Performa provided on the website or by filling the provided form and making an online payment of Rs 500/- as registration fee through the details:
- Moot Court Society GLC, TVPM
- Account Number: 002 012000 000423
- IFSC Code: KSBK 0000002
- Kerala State Cooperative Bank, Statue Branch
- Best Team
- Second Best Team
- Best Student Advocate
- Second Best Student Advocate
- Best Memorial
- Best Researcher
- The winner and runners-up will be awarded trophies, certificates, and cash prizes.
- All the participants will be awarded E-certificates of participation.
Schedule of the Competition
- Registration: March 4, 2021, by 11:59 PM (Thursday)
- Inaugural Function: March 18, 2021; 5 PM (Thursday)
- Briefing Session and Pick of Lots: March 18, 2021; 7 PM (Thursday)
- Preliminary Round: March 19, 2021; 8:30 AM (Friday)
- Quarter-Final Rounds: March 19, 2021; 3 PM (Friday)
- Semi-final Round: March 20, 2021; 10 AM (Saturday)
- Final Round: March 20, 2021; 2:30 PM (Saturday)
- Valedictory Function: March 20, 2021; 5 PM (Saturday)
For any queries, please email or contact any of the following persons
- Dr. Meenakumary. S, General Co-ordinator, Moot Court Society, GLC TVPM
Mobile Number: 9495385445, 8123252072
- Prof. Viji. S, General Convener, Moot Court Society, GLC TVPM
Mobile Number: 9847089906.
- Dr. Hameema. M, Treasurer, Moot Court Society, GLC TVPM
Mobile Number: 9847878428
- Kalyani. B. Nair: 8281253655
- Kuriachan Josey: 7025291257
- Lekshmi. R. S. Nair: 8281564432
- Nissy Thomas: 7907778974
- Thomas Bose: 7591913619