Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company is looking to hire for the job role of Manager (Legal), in Delhi, to serve as in-house legal counsel for the company on all litigation matters and all contracts.
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company is an American multinational tire manufacturing company founded in 1898 by Frank Seiberling and based in Akron, Ohio. Goodyear manufactures tires for automobiles, commercial trucks, light trucks, motorcycles, SUVs, race cars, airplanes, farm equipment, and heavy earth-moving machinery. It also produced bicycle tires from its founding until 1976. As of 2017, Goodyear is one of the top four tire manufacturers along with Bridgestone (Japan), Michelin (France), and Continental (Germany).
The Tire and Rubber Company is looking to engage a Manager (Legal) whose primary responsibilities would include:
- To serve as in-house legal counsel for the company on all litigation matters and all contracts.
- Advice on legal risk arising out of various issues for the organization
- Act as a business partner for the various departments and work with them to proactively identify the risks and resolve the legal business issues.
- Handling and managing all company litigation.
- Making briefs of cases, briefing advocates & attend court cases
- Reduction in pending litigation & cost
- Assessing cost-benefit with respect to settlement Vs Litigation
- Assessing the risk on litigation and strategizing on all Plant/IR related matters
- Provide legal advice to the business on the areas of legal metrology, compliances, competition law, schemes, promotional activities
- Preparing legal briefs on changes and law and impact, if any
- Provide guidance and advice to legal assistants involved in prosecuting or defending lawsuits.
- Supervise and interact with Panel Lawyers, Courts, and other Law Officers of Govt. from time to time
Legal Guidance & Compliance
- Supporting various departments of the group in legal and compliance matters. Tracking regulatory circulars and giving regular feedback to the respective functions on the regulations/directives regarding their function
- Tracking compliance with various legislations & guidelines and communicate the impact to the business and work with the business to implement changes to ensure compliance
- Provide guidance to business on legal aspects of marketing laws, consumer and dealer activations, promotions and consumer-related activities, etc.
- Ensuring the project/ department milestones are met, adhering to the approved budget..
- Partner with the HR to provide advice on labor and employment laws, drive compliance with these regulations and assist in building sustainable processes
- Liaising with various government/public authorities and bodies wherever applicable
- Bring efficiency in the legal processes by driving the digitization of the legal data
- Collaborating with industry bodies and corporates on regulatory challenges having an impact on the company and help reduce risk and guide business accordingly
- Drive training of Group policies and compliance training to employees.
- Development of legal policies and procedures for the company, designed to achieve and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Manage subordinate staff in the day to day performance of their job
- Assist business in structuring, negotiating, documenting, and closing various contracts relating to Distributors, dealers, OE, procurement, logistics, manufacturing transactions, Service Providers, etc.
- Scrutinize all the contracts/orders received for legal risk and analyses them as per the company standards and policies
- Supervise and oversee the review, negotiation, and drafting of major contracts, NDAs, and other legal documents, as required by the various departments
- Constantly monitor the performance of various contracts
- Ensure that contracts and proposals are properly entered into organizational databases and securely maintained.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Qualification: Graduate/Post-Graduate in Law from a reputed university with a minimum of 10 -12 years of experience
- Proven record of handling litigation matters.
Skills and Competencies Required
- Superlative drafting and negotiating skills
- Ability to work with senior management in a results-oriented, high pressured environment
- A thorough understanding of Commercial Laws, Labor Laws, Customs Regulations, Industrial Compliances, Consumer Laws, Competition Laws, Advertisement Laws, Commercial Contracting & Negotiation, Information Technology, IPR, privacy, etc.
- Knowledge of marketing related issues and understanding and handling trade promotions, contract and customer/dealer promotions & schemes
- Familiarity with FCPA, UK BA, and Anti-bribery laws of US and India
- Good understanding of legal systems, terminologies, and practices, well versed with local markets legal compliance rules and regulations
- Excellent English communication skills
- Be able to collaborate with the key stakeholders
- Working knowledge of MS Office (MS word, excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently
- Strong interpersonal skills
Click here for official information.