A 1-day online International Conference on Procedural Safeguards and Immunities of Drug Use & Drug Markets in South Asian Countries is being organized by TMV’s Lokmanya Tilak Law College, Pune on 24th March 2021.
About the Organiser
Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth (TMV) established in 1921 is recognized by the Government of India in 1987 as the “Deemed to be University” under Section 3 of UGC Act, 1956. We offer programs in multiple disciplines such as Law, Ayurveda, Sanskrit, Social Sciences, Modern Sciences & Professional Skills, Management, Health Sciences and Distance Education.
TMV’s Lokmanya Tilak Law College was established in 2012 and approved by the Bar Council of India. B.A. LLB (Five years) and LLB (Three years) courses are offered. In its pursuit of excellence, our institution aims at not only professionalism but also ethical values and social responsibility and hence the curriculum is designed to transcend the boundaries of academics to be relevant to the changing corporate and social requirements.
About the Conference
Drug abuse has become the curse of society. Indian system of control of Narcotic Drugs have been put in place as per the country’s obligations towards the UN Conventions viz., The UN Single Convention on Narcotics Drugs 1961, The Convention on Psychotropic Substances, 1971 and the Convention on Illicit Traffic in Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances, 1988.
India’s approach towards Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances is enshrined in Article 47 of the Constitution of India. The Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act, 1985 was passed to achieve the dual objective of limiting the use of narcotics drugs and psychotropic substances for medical and scientific purposes as well as preventing the abuse of the same.
The use of Narcotic Drugs and the man-made drug overdose, contagion continues to brunt communities all over the world, leading to an unprecedented number of overdose deaths every year. Overdoses have been fuelled by the rapid emergence of new highly potent, non-scheduled dangerous substances. At this juncture to enhance the law enforcement capacity to detect and identify new psychoactive substances and promote cross-border cooperation and information-sharing is the need of the hour.
Objective of the Conference
In this scorching backdrop, there is a vital need to create awareness about the procedural safeguards for the use/misuse of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances and available Immunities. This online international conference is being organized to create a platform for research and awareness among the stakeholders and to bestow the fruits of research upon future generations.
- Drug Demand and supply reduction
- Treatment of drug addicts and their rehabilitation
- Use/misuse of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances for medical and scientific purposes
- Procedural Safeguards and Immunities
- Seizure, Freezing, and Forfeiture
- Import and Export of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances
- Impact of Social Media
- International Drug Control
- Preventing trafficking and diversion through Public-Private Partnership
- Legislation and control measures
Call for Papers
Research papers from Academicians, Research Scholars, and students, Professionals, NGOs, and Human Rights Activists are invited on the conference theme or any other sub-theme on the Major Thrust Areas. Selected papers by the Editorial Board will be published in the booking form with ISSN.
- The full research paper should reach on or before 6th March 2021 on mail Id – tmvconference2021[at]gmail.com along with the soft copy of the registration fees paid and a screenshot /soft copy of the fee paid.
- The paper must include a clear mention of the research methodology adopted, major findings, results, implications, and key references.
- Authors should adhere to the following particulars:
- 1. Length 2000-3000 words, five keywords
- 2. Font Times New Roman,12 point
- 3. Spacing 1.54. Abstract with 150-250 words
- 5. Title Page Title Author(s), Affiliation, and other details.
- 6. Format: APA format of citation.
Registration Fees For Conference
- For Students: Rs. 100/-
- For academicians / Research Scholars: Rs. 250/-
- For non- academicians / corporate delegates: Rs. 500/-
- Registration Fees for Conference with Publication of Paper
- For Students: Rs. 500/-
- For academicians / Research Scholars: Rs. 1000/-
- For non- academicians / corporate delegates: Rs. 1500/-
Click on the link given at the end of this post to register for the Conference.
Account Name and Details :
- Registrar, Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth
- Bank of Maharashtra, TMV Colony Branch, Pune – 37
- S.B. A/c No. : 60328672656
- IFSC CODE: MAHB0000320
- MICR No. : 411014056
Please mail the following details of the amount transferred to tmvconference2021[at]gmail.com
- Name of the participant
- Reason for which amount is deposited
- Screenshot/soft copy of the transaction.
|1||International Conference||24th March 2021|
|2||Last Date of Registration||6th March 2021|
|3||Last Date for Acceptance of Full Research Paper||6th March 2021|
Email id – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Purvanshi Prajapat – 9146584777
- Sudhanshu Pathak – 9168287722