A One day National Seminar on “Criminal Law Reforms in Recent Times: Issues and Challenges” is being organized on 5th March 2021 (Friday) by The Faculty of Law, Baba Mast Nath University, Asthal Bohar, Rohtak, Haryana sponsored by ICSSR, New Delhi.
About the Organizer
Baba Mast Nath University, Rohtak, a private self-financed university, blossomed under the aegis of Shri Baba Mast Nath Math, Asthal Bohar, came into existence in 2012 through an Ordinance of the Government of Haryana under Haryana Private Universities Act, 2006. After a thorough inspection by an expert panel of UGC members, the University was accorded approval under Section 2(f). With more than 4000 students and around 150+ faculty members, the University is offering Under Graduate, Post Graduate and Doctoral Programs in streams, like Engineering, Business and Management, Education, Law, Mass Media, Commerce, Computer Sciences, Languages like Hindi, Sanskrit and English, Social Work, Nursing, Medical and Para-Medical, Pharmacy, Life and Basic Sciences. All the technical and professional programs are approved by various regulatory bodies – UGC, AICTE, NCTE, BCI, INC, PCI, and MCI. The University aims to impart high-quality education and promote employability among youth. To achieve this aim, the University has developed a reasonably good physical and academic infrastructure, recruited qualified and experienced faculty, state-of-the-art classrooms, laboratories, and other facilities. To ensure adequate practical exposure to learners, among other things, the programs are being implemented with an adequate component of industry exposure.
About the Faculty of Law
The University’s Faculty of Law started its program from the academic session 2014-2015. The University offers graduate and post-graduate programs in law. The main objective of the program is to groom students to acquire profound and exhaustive theoretical and research knowledge that enables them to tackle complex problems in
their respective specialized fields and thereby continue towards their objective of attaining excellence. The extensive program provides scope for learning and development through engagement in the classroom, lecture, project work, seminar, the moot court as well as a research dissertation.
About the Seminar
A one-day National Seminar on “CRIMINAL LAW REFORMS IN RECENT TIMES: ISSUES AND CHALLENGES” is being organized on March 05, 2021, by the Faculty of Law, Baba Mast Nath University, Asthal Bohar, Rohtak, Haryana. The crime rate in India has shown a growing trend in the recent past. There is a need to reform criminal laws to bring them in parity with the demand of times. Law Commission of India plays an important role in the same. Commission invites suggestions from the academicians, researchers, advocates, and Judges, and even from the citizens of India on this issue, but only a few experts provide such suggestions. There are many issues that need to be discussed to achieve the objectives of the Criminal Law Reforms in India.
With this background, the Faculty of Law is organizing a one-day National Seminar, so as to foster innovations and knowledge in the aforementioned field. Law never remains static and new problems emerge with the passage of time and to control the same Law Reforms are made.
- Trends in the registration of First Information Report and Role of Police.
- Laws relating to Habitual Offenders and Recidivists
- Criminal Laws relating to Protection against Women and Children
- Acid Attacks: Issues and Challenges
- Adequacy of Present Criminal Laws
- Prison Reforms in India
- New Thoughts and Approaches to Criminal Jurisprudence
- Sufficiency of Law on White Collar Crimes
- The doctrine of the Fruit of the Poisonous Tree: Position in India
- Laws relating to Corporate Criminal Liability
- Corporate Manslaughter in India and position in other countries
- Marital Rape in India
- Criminal Justice Administration in India
- Mob Lynching
- Cyber Crime
- Victim Compensation Scheme
- Police Reforms
Call for Papers
Research Papers are invited from the Academicians, Practitioners, Research Scholars and Students on the topics related to the above theme. It is proposed that the selected papers will be published in a special volume in the form of an edited book with an ISBN Number.
Authors of selected papers would be given an opportunity to present their papers during sessions on the day of the Seminar.
Submission Guidelines [Full Paper]
- Word Limit of the Abstract: 300–350 words
- The abstract shall be accompanied by a brief profile of the author indicating his/ her name, University/ Organization/ Institution, Email ID, contact number, and official address.
- Word Limit of the Final Paper: 2500-3000 words.
- It must be typed in Times New Roman Font Size 12 on A4 size paper with 1” margin on all sides with 1.5 line spacing using MS Word.
- The Blue Book: A Uniform System of Citation (Latest ed.) must be strictly adhered to while submitting the abstracts and full paper.
- Last Date for submission of Abstract: 27th February 2021
- Intimation of acceptance of Abstract: 28th February 2021
- Paper Submission for presentation (Soft Copy) & Registration Form: 04th March 2021
- Seminar: 05th March 2021
- Full Paper Submission for publication (Soft Copy): 15th March 2021
- For Students: Rs. 500/-
- For Research Scholars: Rs.750/-
- For Academicians and Professionals: Rs. 1000/-
Click on the link at the end of this post to register for the seminar.
Mode of Payment
Online Mode: For online registration fees submission Google Pay/ Paytm @ 9466602200
For IMPS transfer, etc. details may be asked on below email-id with queries, if any.
- Brochure https://drive.google.com/file/d/1woA1mRS2S6LUkKUPMsiylGlJJ3LNvOlM/view?usp=sharing
- Registration Form https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q_L9l2TXzd4x5XoY9ub_pMWDxVmk0rGJ/view?usp=sharing
For more information contact:
Organizing Secretary, Dr. Manish Dalal, Faculty of Law, Block No.-20, Baba Mast Nath University, Asthal Bohar, Rohtak -124021 (Haryana)