The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (Ministry of Commerce and Industry, GOI), Chair on IPR & CIPRA- National Law School of India University, Bangalore is organising you to “The International Roundtable on Plant Variety Protection (PVP) in Support of Food Security” to be held on 5th March 2021.
About the Roundtable
With an excellent line-up of expert speakers and presenters from around the world, this roundtable aims to analyse and deliberate upon the state of art in the global PVP scenario with special reference to India.
They hereby invite original contributions from researchers from public ICAR/CSIR institutes State Agricultural & Horticultural Universities, traditional universities’ faculty and students as well as private sector individuals involved in plant breeding, private seed companies, NGOs, IP attorneys etc.
This is a call for abstracts for interested researchers. The abstract must be 250- 300words summarizing the issue that will be addressed along with the aims and motives of the paper.
Authors of selected papers will get the opportunity to present their work, attend the conference and receive certification for the same.
The deadline for abstract submission is 25th February 2021
Acceptance will be informed on or before 28th February 2021
Potential research areas of interest include
- Analysis of the legal framework, requirements of the PPV&FR Act, International regulations.
- Varied PVP systems- UPOV, Sui generis.
- Analysis of Institutional Aspects of POV- procedure and administration, organizational setup, variety registration systems, collaborations and testing.
- Analysis of technical aspects and developments- the principle of Distinctness, Uniformity and Stability (DUS), practical DUS-testing, field testing, biochemical/molecular techniques etc.
- The exploitation of Plant Breeders’ Rights- Enforcement, Royalty collection and farm-saved seed.
Note: This is not an exclusive or exhaustive list and researchers may write on any related themes.
Submission guidelines for participants
- Co-authorship shall be permitted. There is no bar on the number of co-authors.
- Note that all authors must register separately as delegates for the conclave.
- The work must be original, and must not be previously published or in the stage of submission/consideration elsewhere.
- Word limit, excluding footnotes, endnotes, references and bibliography shall range from 2500-7500 words.
- An abstract of 250-300 words must be submitted explaining the aims and motives of the paper.
- Submissions must be made in .doc/.docx format.
- Each submission must be accompanied with a short description about the authors.
- The full paper must be submitted and presented during the conclave.
Important information for participants
Prior registration is mandatory. There is no registration fee.
Participants can register via mail addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
All participants shall receive an Electronic Certificate (e-certificate).
In case of queries kindly contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com