Xavier Law School (XLS), Xavier University, Bhubaneshwar is conducting its 1st National Virtual Moot Court Competition to be held from 5th to 7th March 2021.
About the Institution
Xavier University, Bhubaneswar sees itself as a quality university delivering quality education to quality students from the world over. The Xavier University came into being with the Government of Odisha passing the Xavier University, Odisha, Act, 2013.
Xavier University inherits the legacy of XIMB (Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar), a premier world class B-School in the country. The identity of Xavier University is distinguished by its philosophy of ‘Inspiring Futures’ by not just walking the well-trodden path but striking out and exploring new paths. There is a clear intent to be the first to respond to the needs of the society and enable the building of sustainable communities that inspire the future of the State and the Country serving as an active agent of change.
The Moot Court Competition
Who Is It For?
Undergraduate Student pursuing a law program or equivalent from the recognized University, approved by Bar Council of India
The team composition, for the competition, shall comprise of either two members (being designated as Speakers) OR three members (two of them shall be designated as Speakers and one Researcher).
- There will be a capping of 32 teams for the Competition.
- Participants are restricted to bonafide law students either enrolled in the 3-year LL.B course or the 5-year integrated law course.
- Only 1 team per institute/college is allowed.
- Teams are required to send the scanned copy of the ID card issued by their institute with the registration form.
- No team shall contradict the composition mentioned above.
- No faculty member, coach, or a designated observer will be allowed to accompany the team.
- No cross teams i.e. members of different universities, shall be allowed.
- The Moot court committee of Xavier Law School shall be the final authority in case of any dispute or ambiguity.
Note: The Moot Proposition and Rules & Regulations can be found in the official brochure. (See, Link at the end of this post)
- Winner Team: Rs. 21,000/-
- Runner Up: Rs. 15,000/-
- Best Mooter: Rs. 6,000/-
- Best Researcher: Rs. 6,000/-
- Best Memorial: Rs. 6,000/-
- Each Participant: e-Certificate
- Commencement of Registration: 28 January 2021
- Last Date of Registration: 15th February 2021
- Last Date of Clarifications of the Moot Proposition: 10th February 2021
- Last Date of Submission of Memorial: 28th February 2021
- Researcher’s Test: 04th March 2021
- Preliminary Round: 05th March 2021
- Quarter Final and Semi-Final Rounds: 06th March 2021
- Final Rounds: 07th March 2021
Link for Registration
Click here to register.
- Account Name: Xavier School of Law
- A/c no.: 0852053000000485
- IFSC: SIBL0000852
- Bank: South Indian Bank Branch, Xavier University Extension Counter, Harirajpur- 752050
Contact Numbers: +91-8800650772, +91-9953079450