IIHS or Indian Institute of Human Settlements is looking to hire for the job role of Associate for its Legal and Regulation department, in Delhi.
The Indian Institute for Human Settlements (IIHS) is a national education institution committed to the equitable, sustainable, and efficient transformation of Indian settlements. It is established in Bangalore, Karnataka.
Responsibilities would include, but not be limited to, the following:
Legal Support (Primary):
- Assisting with legal and regulatory matters
- Contract drafting and contract management
- Transactional advisory and drafting, preferably with experience of:
- matters pertaining to the ‘not for profit’ sector
- procurement and tendering
- construction contracts (Works, Design-Build, PPP models)
- transactional elements of IPR related matters
- Providing documentation support
- Institutional process drafting
- Assisting with legal advisory, memos and opinion writing, litigation proceedings, and related support as applicable
- Undertaking legal and regulatory due diligence
- Assisting with research and academic work on aspects of urban law and policy, as relevant to IIHS
Providing support to other IIHS activities including academics, research, training, practice, operations, and others
- Participating in all activities of Institution-Building at IIHS; carrying out tasks as assigned
Structure and Reporting
The Associate – Legal & Regulation will report to the Head – Legal & Regulation or persons designated by the Head – Legal & Regulation at IIHS, and will collaborate effectively with a diverse group of internal teams and external individuals/organizations, and students.
- A bright and enthusiastic lawyer
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Law
- Around 2 years of work experience in relevant areas, including preferably, the experience of dealing with legal and regulatory issues in the not-for-profit sector
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent analytical skills and a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills in written English
- Good communication skills and fluency in Hindi/Kannada (written and spoken);
- Ability to undertake rigorous research on contracts, labor law, taxation law, privacy/data protection legislation, case law, institutional structures, and relevant legislative matters, with pronounced evidence of strong drafting and transactional skills
- Ability to understand the law in contexts and propose iterative solutions
- Ability to assist with litigation related matters
- Ability to work in a highly interdisciplinary team and under strict and frequent deadlines
- Professional experience in dealing with Government agencies/entities
This position is based in Delhi and may entail travel to other locations in India.
Review and Assessment
The role and performance of the incumbent shall be subject to normal review and assessment systems at IIHS.
Please write to at hr[at]iihs.co.in if you need any clarifications while filling the online application form.