Parul Institute of Law, Parul University, Vadodara, is organizing a National Conference on “Scientific Temperament in Public Policy: Social Engineering Lives”.
About the University and the Institute
Parul Institute of Law, Parul University, Vadodara currently offers Five-year Integrated courses of BA LLB, B. Com LLB, BBA LLB, Three year LLB (Unitary) course and One-year LL.M Program in six specializations of Intellectual Property Law, International Law, Public Policy and Governance, Criminal and Security Laws, Environmental Law and International Human Rights Law. The Institute also offers M. Phil. and Ph.D. program in Law. There are students from 8 different nations around the world pursuing their course.
The Institute has a team of highly qualified and experienced teaching faculties, State of Art infrastructure including a modern courtroom equipped with technology, and a rich and resourceful library. The Institute also caters to students from 8 different nations around the world.
About the Conference
Parul Institute of Law and Centre of Research for Development, Parul University is organizing an e-Seminar titled ‘Scientific Temperament in Public Policy: Social engineering lives’ on 01st March, 2021. The Seminar aims to serve as a platform to discuss and critically review the journey of India from 1947. It seeks to engage the stakeholders from different spheres and analyze the role of scientific temperament in public policy. While the same is critical inclusiveness and peaceful growth, and development of the nation, it also has its inadvertent influence and impact on individual lives.
The objective of the Seminar is to identify these grey areas, develop sustainable solutions through discourse from diverse fields and disciplines, and work towards creating a pluralistic and egalitarian society.
Who Is It For
Any student, research scholar, academician, or professional.
Themes/sub-themes, if any:
- Religion and culture – Inter-relations in modern discourses of law
- Customary law – legitimizing beliefs
- Role of law in engineering perceptions and molding opinions
- Nationalism and Jingoism in contemporary times – an output of blind faith
- Judicial trends in promoting constitutional mandate of developing scientific temper
- State approaches to dissent – Scientific attitude in public discourse
- Innovations in curriculum and pedagogical tools in education
- Approaches to further pluralism in public policy
- A critical approach to research – A quest for truth
- Policy approaches during COVID-19
- Medical Science, Health and Governance
- Women’s experience and scientific temperament
- LGBTQA+ rights and Culture of Scientific temperament
- Social justice issues and alleviation through Scientific temperament
The above-mentioned themes are only indicative and any paper relevant to the main theme of the Seminar may be submitted. The seminar welcomes and encourages interdisciplinary participation from across the world.
Registrations can be done by clicking on the link given at the end of this post.
The abstracts, Full papers, and any other communication is to be done to seminar.pil[at]paruluniversity.ac.in
No registration fees. However, registration for participation and presentation is required.
- Submission of abstracts: 13 February 2021
- Last date for Registration and Submission of Full papers: 25 February 2021
- E-Seminar Date: 01 March 2021
- Email id: seminar.pil[at]paruluniversity.ac.in
- Mr. Jimmy Jose: +91 7802914805
- Ms. Radhika Jagtap: +91 86907 76926