3rd Thiru Isari Velan Memorial National Virtual Moot Court Competition is being conducted by the School of Law, Vistas, Chennai.
Vels Group of Institutions, the multidisciplinary, research-oriented institute under the canopy of the Vels Educational Trust, has been relentlessly working for the last 25 years to achieve higher standards of education. In the year 2008, the status of ‘Deemed-to-be-University’ was conferred upon Vels Group of Institutions on June 4, 2008, by the MHRD, Government of India through its Notification No.F.9-56/2004-U.3 and by the University Grants Commission by its Notification No.F.6-4/2005 (CPP-I) dated July 30, 2008. Established in 2015, the School of Law is dedicated to providing students with practical legal skills and a spirit of service to the legal profession and the community.
About the Virtual Moot
School of Law, VISTAS is organizing Third Isari Velan Memorial National Moot Court Competition 2021 (IVMMC)” between 26th and 27th February 2021
The Competition shall be open for ‘bona fide’ students who are pursuing 5 years integrated law Programme or 3-year LL.B Programme in India. Such institutions must be recognized by the Bar Council of India. Each team shall consist of a minimum of two members or a maximum of three members.
There shall be no circumstance whatsoever that a team consisting of more than 3 members be allowed to participate.
In case of a three-member team, there shall be 2 speakers and 1 researcher in the team.
Teams shall not disclose their identity whatsoever, i.e. the name of their institution, city, etc. or any other information which has the effect of disclosing their identity and affiliation with a particular university or institution, except in the registration form.
Such disclosure shall result in disqualification subject to the discretion of the Organizers. Each team shall be allotted a team code and each participant shall be given an individual code. Teams shall not disclose their identity or that of their institution or city etc. Any such disclosure shall invite strict penalty including disqualification.The decision for the same shall be at the discretion of the Organizers.
The participating team must fill the registration form in the link given at the end of the post.
Each team shall pay a registration fee of Rs. 1,000/- The registration fee shall be paid through NEFT / IMPS as per the details given below.
- The last date for submission of the registration form with the registration fee is 10.2.2021.
- Each team will be allotted a “Team Code” on receipt of the registration form and fee, which will be communicated to the participating team through email.
- Spot registration will not be entertained.
- Any change in the team composition should be intimated to the Organizers before the commencement of the inauguration.
- Forms received after the deadline (10.2.2021) shall not be considered for registration.
- Registration Fee Payment Details Account Name: Vels Institute of Science, Technology and Advanced Studies (VISTAS) Bank: Axis Bank, Madipakkam Branch, Chennai A/C Number: 911010014364240 IFSC Code: UTIB0000083 Branch Code: 083 MICR: 600211007 Address: No. 2, Medavakkam High Road, Madippakkam, Chennai – 600 091.
Dr. S. Ambika Kumari
Dean, School of Law, VISTAS
Mr. V. Kathikeyan
Assistant Professor Assistant Professor School of Law,
VISTAS School of Law, VISTAS
Mrs. Sreeja B.G
Assistant Professor Assistant ProfessorSchool of Law,
VISTAS School of Law, VISTAS
Dr. Ravi Bundela
Ms. Jenifer Stella S.
Mrs. Salini C
Email id: ivmmc[at]velsuniv.ac.in / dean.law[at]velsuniv.ac.in