SLS Nagpur is organizing its 1st National Multidisciplinary Law Conference: ‘Interdisciplinarity, Multidisciplinarity and the Future of the Legal Academy’ on March 9th.
About SLS, Nagpur
Nurtured by the visionary ideas of Dr. S.B. Mujumdar, Chancellor (Symbiosis International University) on the principles of Vedic thought ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’ which means ‘World as One Family’, Symbiosis Law School (SLS) Nagpur is established in 2019 inheriting splendid novelty, dynamism, and excellence in education.
About the Conference
Symbiosis Law School, Nagpur is coming up with the First National Conference in the series, but with a unique facet – blending interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary into Legal Academia.
Interdisciplinary studies are the current trend in legal academia. Most law schools are flaunting their interdisciplinary programs, offering courses from other academic disciplines such as, economics, statistics, sociology, business management, etc. in the law school curriculum, creating law and social science institutes of various sorts within the law school, offering joint Ph.D. programs.
It is often observed that these two words – interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary are used interchangeably. But there is an ocean of difference between both.
The multidisciplinary model of the legal academia is based on the premise that the academic study of the law can adopt methodological pluralism without committing itself to the proposition that it must rely exclusively on other disciplines for professional tools. Multidisciplinary involves borrowing and cross-fertilization. For instance, formal, rational-choice models in political science may borrow from Economics or Mathematics; similarly, theories in law would surely continue to borrow. But, the distinctness is what remains; one can imagine normative legal theory emerging as a distinct approach that connects in interesting ways with moral and political philosophy and political theory.
But a truly multidisciplinary approach to law would require changes in institutional form.
The depressing reality is that nearly all legal academics are not scientifically introduced to the canon of legal scholarship or the basic ideas of the most important methods for the academic study of law. The truth is that interdisciplinary training is no cure for intra- disciplinary ignorance.
The aim of the conference is to provide the platform for Students, Researchers, and Academicians to share the knowledge and ideas in the recent trends in the field of Law, Political Science, Psychology & Philosophy, Management, Economics & Geography, Literature, Medicine, Sports, Technology, History & Sociology.
- To create a platform for research in multiple academic disciplines with law
- Engage in law research through the collaboration of multiple disciplines
- Synchronize law laced with multidisciplinary models Call for papers
Call for Papers
Topics of interest for submission include: Broad Themes
- Impact of technology on globalization – legal issues
- Traditional values and minority rights
- Corporate laws and theoretical approaches
- Business Innovations and Management Practices -Legal Issues and Actions
- Perspectives of legal philosophy
- Revolutions in Psychology and Law
- Global Immigration Policies and Political Charter of Nation
- International Law in a multicultural world
- Legal Sociology & Legal History
- Environmental regulation and sustainability
- Legal issues in Sports
- Criminal Laws- societal and cultural values
- Literature and Law
- Role of technology in the contemporary world
- Medical Science and Legal Concerns
- Ideals reflected in Human Rights Charters
- Relevance of Legal Institutions in contemporary Society
- Interrelationship of Law and Geography
- Law and Global economy
- All the papers shall be reviewed by a team of experts and the notification of acceptance of the full paper shall be within (Two) 2 days after the last date. The completed paper should be sent to email@example.com
- The first page should have the title and an abstract of not more than 200 words and at least 3 keywords should be mentioned.
- The second page should have the title of the paper, Author(s) Profile with contact details.
- The contributions shall not be more than 25 pages inclusive of tables and graphs, diagrams, photographs, references, and bibliography.
- The headings should be in 14 font size, Times New Roman, and text in 12 font size.
- The diagrams and tables should have appropriate titles and sources if extracted.
- The papers shall be checked for plagiarism and papers with instances of plagiarism shall be disqualified from the presentation at the conference.
- E-Certificate of participation/presentation shall be given to those candidates only who will present the paper. In-absentia papers are not encouraged.
- Both the main author and the co-author should register in order to present their paper at the conference.
- All the papers shall be released as a book with an ISBN number. Selected best papers shall be published in SLS Nagpur Multidisciplinary Law Journal.
- Last date for full paper submission: 28th Feb. 2021
- Date of Conference: 09th March 2021
Find the Registration Form in the brochure.
The registration fee has to be paid through online mode in favor of Symbiosis Law School, Nagpur.
- Account Holder: Symbiosis Law School, Nagpur
- Account No. : 8754 1021 0000 011
- Bank Name: Bank of India
- Branch: Kalamna, Nagpur
- IFSC Code : BKID0008754
The delegate should scan the filled in Registration form with details of online payment and send it to the email ids-
accounts[at]slsnagpur.edu.in & nmlc[at]slsnagpur.edu.in
Any queries can be contacted on 0712-6192200
E-mailed at nmlc[at]slsnagpur.edu.in