Adhyayan Foundation for Policy & Research (AFPR) is looking for Contributing Authors for its magazine, ‘The Democratic Line’.
About the Organisation
Adhyayan Foundation For Policy And Research
Adhyayan Foundation for Policy & Research (AFPR) is an independent nonprofit, research, and educational organization dedicated to producing quality research to help in the formulation, assessment, and implementation of public policies. They aim at covering a wide range of issues that are of significance to this country from economy to administrative efficiency and from legal lacunas to international affairs. They strive towards bridging the gap in policymaking for the wholesome growth and development of our country.
About the Opportunity
The Democratic Line
Published from Lucknow, The Democratic Line is a monthly journal issued under the name of AFPR, a policy think tank (registration- NPC [section 8] Companies Act).
The distinctive feature of The Democratic Line is to bring together the academicians, researchers, policymakers, lawyers, experts, and activists coming from different fields to debate and discuss various social science disciplines (Political Studies, Legal Studies, Economic Studies, International Relations) and bring in a unique platform for both knowledge and opportunity.
Adhyayan Foundation invites applications from motivated students across India to take advantage of this learning opportunity by joining the Content Team for its monthly publication “The Democratic Line” to ensure engaging, thought-provoking, original and contemporary publications.
Contributing Author for The Democratic Line: 6 positions. The position is for 3+3 months, a total of 6 months period, which shall continue for the second phase of 3 months on the basis of the performance of the student.
- For the position of Contributing Author, preference will be given to candidates who are pursuing either law or social science.
- The applicant must possess a strong command of the English language.
- The applicant must have strong research and analysis skills.
- Awareness about contemporary laws and policies and a general grasp on current affairs will be valuable.
- Publication in The Democratic Line Magazine.
- Assistance with topic-selection, editing, etc.
- All credit shall duly be given to the contributor.
- A Certificate of Appreciation at the end of the stipulated duration.
- A chance to work with the Adhyayan Foundation for Policy and Research in other capacities (if interested).
Note: Timings shall be flexible. All positions are unpaid.
How to Apply?
For the position of Contributing Author: Send your CV and a written sample of your work (preferably related to a contemporary legal or policy issue) at thedemocraticline[at]gmail.com. with the subject head “Application for Contributing Authors”
Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their submitted sample and will subsequently be contacted for a basic interview call.
Last date for applying is 28th February, 2021 by 23:59 hrs.
For any other queries, feel free to reach out to thedemocraticline[at]gmail.com