The HiiL Innovating Justice Forum is being organized online this year from February 8-10, 2021. The forum will set the stage for workshops, sessions, and the exchange of opinions.
About the Forum
The HiiL Innovating Justice Forum is the place where perspectives on user-friendly justice meet the reality: bottom-up and institutional; justice entrepreneurs and courts; informal and formal justice; innovation and research.
This year HiiL is offering the virtual stage to discuss perspectives on user-friendly justice, and how they meet the reality: bottom-up and institutional; justice entrepreneurs and courts; informal and formal justice; innovation and research.
The Innovating Justice Forum is the place to exchange opinions. You can participate in the meeting rooms and engage with justice entrepreneurs, justice leaders, and other experts in the field of justice innovation.
- Community justice services that deliver solutions effectively, through paralegals, justices of the peace, judicial facilitators, houses of justice, or community tribunals: integrating formal and informal justice.
- Safe, verified, and user-friendly contracts to the masses, ensuring fairness in families, at work, on housing and between small businesses and their key partners.
- Platforms offering mandatory one-stop dispute resolution for employment, family or other justice problems, connecting advice, negotiation, facilitation, and adjudication in a seamless way, supported online.
- Problem-solving practices or courts, addressing the causes of the problem, focusing on containing criminal behavior, restorative justice, and measured retribution for many types of everyday crimes.
- Claiming services that help people to access vital public services such as social security benefits, personal identity.
- Prevention programs or services to ensure safety and security supported by apps, focusing on violence and fraud.
- People-centered online information or advice, with follow up services, assisting people to solve their problems step by step and in a fair, effective way, consistent with their legal entitlements.
Themes for the Program
- February 8: Making people-centered justice happen
- February 9: Bringing people-centered justice in national agendas
- February 10: Funding people-centered justice
Click here to know the detailed agenda.
The Hague Institute for Innovation of Law
Telephone Number: +31 70 762 0700
Click here for the official website.