Ashoka is inviting young changemakers for its Ashoka Young Changemakers Program 2021, for young and passionate leaders below 20 years of age.
Ashoka, with the brand name Ashoka: Innovators of the Public, is an international organization that promotes social entrepreneurship by affiliating individual social entrepreneurs into the Ashoka organization. Founded in the year 1980 by Bill Drayton, they aim to shape a global, entrepreneurial, competitive citizen sector: one that allows social entrepreneurs to thrive and enables the world’s citizens to think and act as changemakers.
The Young Changemakers Program of 2021
Ashoka Young Changemakers is a carefully selected network of young people who have found their power and calling to create change for the good of all and are ready to take on their role as youth influencers, peer allies, and co-leaders of the global Everyone a Changemaker movement.
Open Call for Nominations
Nominations are open year-round for Ashoka Young Changemakers in the countries listed below.
Who can Apply?
- The applicants must be a resident in one of the countries listed above.
- If you do not live in these countries, please write to your Ashoka country office for youth-related opportunities in your country.
Additionally, you should fulfill the eligibility criteria as following, to apply for the program.
- You are under 20 years of age
- You are a Changemaker: Here’s how:
- Your idea: You deeply empathized with a problem and from that understanding developed your own original idea for addressing it.
- Your team: You built a team around this idea. You lead by helping others lead, helping them realise they can create positive change.
- Your world changed: You helped improve people’s lives and the environment around them. You are always committed to the good of all.
- You want to co-lead the global Everyone a Changemaker movement: Here’s how:
- You are a co-leader: You believe that everyone needs to take initiative and solve problems, everyone needs to find their power as changemakers. You are eager to help your peers and everyone in your school/community/country to find their power.
Stage 1: Online Nomination & Screening
- Nominate yourself or someone you know through the online form.
- Reflect on your journey as a Changemaker and access inspiring ideas to advance your initiative.
Please Note: Nomination forms are simply an expression of interest before applications open in your country.
Stage 2: National Review
- Interact with the Ashoka team in your country.
- Learn more about the co-leadership opportunities for you to contribute and useful insights to help you accelerate the growth of your leadership and change-making competencies.
Stage 3: International Review
Interact with a Senior Leader from the Ashoka team and with young changemakers from Ashoka’s global network.
Stage 4: Selection Panel
- Attend an in-person discussion and selection panel, that would include top social entrepreneurs, journalists, and other leaders.
- Meet other top young changemakers and discuss ideas to influence youth culture in your country and to co-lead the Everyone a Changemaker movement.
- Reimbursements are available for all candidates to cover panel related expenses like domestic travel, accommodation, and food.
- Candidates can also bring a parent or adult ally during the visit.
- The panel and Ashoka will invite a select group to become Ashoka Young Changemakers.
- The selected group will be inducted into a global community and gain access to co-leadership bootcamps, media partnerships, public speaking platforms, exposure visits, strategic allies and more opportunities to grow yourself and to influence youth culture in their country.
Every Ashoka Young Changemaker is tasked with the responsibility of co-leading the Everyone a Changemaker movement.
As a co-leader, you can drive existing Ashoka initiatives for young people or come up with new ideas to fuel the movement.
- Be a peer ally to other young people and help kick-start their change-making journeys
- Engage with top social entrepreneurs and thought leaders
- Create opportunities within your own venture for other young people to step up and lead change
- Speak at reputed public platforms and share your story through media partnerships
- Influence your school/community to trust in youth to lead
- Build partnerships to start and scale effective solutions that can end the new inequality
- Access resources and networks to achieve greater impact
- Come up with your own ideas to fuel the movement and test them in a supportive community
- E-mail ID: Write to ayc[at]ashoka.org for your queries.
- FAQs: Click here for the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- Website: Visit the website for more details.