School of Excellence in Law, Chennai and SAPR Advocates are organizing the 11th Edition of K.R. Ramamani National Taxation Moot Court Competition, 2021, virtually in March.
About the Event
Organized by School of Excellence in Law, The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University in Association with Subbaraya Aiyar, Padmanabhan and Ramamani (S.A.P.R) Advocates, Taxation is often perceived as a vast & highly complicated subject requiring considerable expertise and many law graduates are seen to be reluctant in taking up taxation as their area of practice.
Consequently, the practice of taxation is restricted to a limited set of advocates though taxation laws are one of the most extensively applicable laws in India. In order to develop the next generation of taxation practitioners, it is imperative that law students are given a practical legal platform and this Taxation Moot by School of Excellence in Law, Chennai aims to do just that.
Late Shri. K.R. Ramamani was a legal giant in the field of taxation and was well known throughout India, especially in the south, for his legal acumen and expertise in the field of taxation. He was sought after by people from all walks of life for his expertise and was often referred to as “Palkhivala of the South”. He led the prestigious Subbaraya Aiyar, Padmanabhan & Ramamani (S.A.P.R) Advocates (http://saprlaw.com) firm to great heights.
His commitment towards the legal profession, in-depth understanding of the law and his interest in teaching the future generation despite his busy schedule made him a lawyer par excellence. There can be no better way of remembering the memory of perhaps one of the most eminent taxation lawyers in India than by conducting a National Tax Moot Court Competition in his name.
So, in a fitting tribute to Late Shri. K.R. Ramamani, the School of Excellence in Law, Chennai in association with S.A.P.R. Advocates started a National level Taxation Moot Court Competition back in 2010 with an aim of providing the participants a high-quality moot experience focused on taxation.
Date of the Competition
- The preliminary rounds of the 11th K.R. Ramamani Memorial Taxation National Moot Court Competition 2021 will be conducted ONLINE through the video conferencing application “ZOOM on 5th, 6th and 7th March 2021.
- The Researcher’s Interview will be conducted ONLINE through the video conferencing application “ZOOM on 2nd and 3rd March 2021.
Team Eligibility & Team Composition
- Participation is strictly restricted to bona fide law students enrolled in the three-year or five-year LL.B. or B.L. degree course in any institution recognized by the Bar Council of India.
- Only one team is permitted to participate from each registered institution.
- Each team shall comprise of a minimum of two and a maximum of three members.In a team consisting of two members, each of the members shall be designated as ‘Speaker’. In a team consisting of three members, two of the members shall be designated as ‘Speaker’ and the third member shall be designated as ‘Researcher’.
- The participants shall complete the final registration, by affixing all the necessary details by filling in the online registration form as provided here: https://forms.gle/Dnuu4DkqokLnQPox9
- The registration fee for the Moot Court Competition is Rs. 1,000/- (Rupees One Thousand Only). The registration fee must be paid through NEFT to the below mentioned account:
Name of the Account: Director, School of Excellence in Law
Account Number: 193601000009752
Name of the Bank: Indian Overseas Bank Branch : Perungudi, Chennai
IFSC code: IOBA0001936
E-mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Aparna Raju, Vice President, Moot Court Association, SOEL: +91 9840373892
- Ms. Nirupama V Shankar, Joint Secretary, Moot Court Association, SOEL: +91 9884547036