LALC or Legal Awareness & Literacy Committee, of Amity Law School, Noida invites submissions through a “Call For Papers” for a book on LALC, which in the current situation will be in the form of “EBook” later to be published as a hard copy to stimulate these young minds.
About the Institute
Amity Law School, Noida is an institution of repute that has always channeled its resources wisely into providing high-quality education and other developmental opportunities to its students. It focuses not only on giving an all-rounded education but also acknowledges the importance of extracurricular and co-curricular activities, which helps in molding cognizant individuals and professionals.
The Legal Awareness and Literacy Committee acts as a channel of information by disseminating general socio-legal knowledge to the public at large, through its various camps, symposiums, workshops, and seminars.
About the Journal
In the midst of a global crisis, LALC proposes a “Call For Papers” for a book of LALC, which in the current situation will be in the form of an “E-Book” later to be published as a hard copy to stimulate young minds.
This Call for Papers aims to provide an opportunity to the academicians by giving a platform to the students and legal professionals to publish their Research papers, Articles, Essays & Case Comments.
The people will be encouraged to find new areas in the current world where society has failed to uplift, develop and address them.
The objective of this Call for Papers is to encourage legal academicians to present their exceptional writing skills for the purpose of literary empowerment.
- Encouraging students to find ignored yet important topics that need to be addressed.
- Giving such students a platform to express themselves.
- To broaden the horizons of students to think creatively.
- To understand the perspective of young generations towards contemporary concerns.
This project aims to address a broad base of ideas. The students shall be encouraged to explore new ideas related to Legal Awareness but may be guided by the following topics to stimulate their thinking:
- Environment deterioration
- Manual scavenging
- ADR clinics
- Legal Aid cell
- Revving up of Judiciary in the light of last 5 years
- Industrial revolution affecting the field of law
- Rural Poverty Alleviation
- Right to information vs. data privacy
- Reservations being stereotyped in the 21st century
- The Criminal Justice System in India
- Dowry Prohibition & Dowry deaths
- Freedom of speech and obscenity
- Indian Legal system and mental health
- Artificial intelligence and lawyers
- Right to education in India
- POCSO act 2012, and amendment 2019
- Female genital mutilation
- Freedom of expression in a press vs. Media trials
- Status quo ante (Gallant valley)
- Human rights in the light of the Right to Equality
- Bankruptcy and insolvency law
- Labour law
- LBGTQ community, PRIDE in India
- Copyright, trademark, patent issues in cyberspace
- Impact of Maritime employment
- Child rights and domestic child labor in India
- Passive and Active Euthanasia
- White-collar crimes
- Environmental law clinic
These topics are just to broaden the scope of the thinking and not to limit the same in any way. The list is not exhaustive.
Mode of Delivery and the Word Limit:
- Research Papers: 5000-8000 words. The abstract for the same shouldn’t exceed 300 words.
- Write Up (Articles): 2000-2500words
- Essays: 3000-3500 words
- Case Comments: 1000-1500 words
- The last date to submit the abstract is 1st February 2021
- The last date to submit the full work is 20th February 2021
There is no fee for getting the Paper published in the book, however, a sum of Rs 1000/- as a processing fee to secure the hard copy of the book shall be borne by the author/co-authors.
- The main body of text in all submissions should be typed in the ‘Times New Roman’ font, size-12, Line Spacing 1.5, justified.
- The footnotes in all submissions should be typed in the ‘Times New Roman’ font, size 10, Line Spacing 1.
- Citations should be in the form of footnotes as per the 20th edition Harvard Bluebook or Indian Law Institute (ILI) citation.
- All works should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All works should be emailed in a MS Word format.
- Authors must include brief biographical information about themselves at the top of the submission. For Example, ‘A is a student of 5th year B.A. L.L.B (Hons.) at BCD Law College’. Or ‘X is a Partner at XYZ Law Firm and can be reached at email@example.com.
- The body of the email should also contain the name of the author, qualifications, the title of the manuscript and contact information.
All the work will be published in the book, the title of which will be “Clinical Legal Education” which will bear an ISBN number from a reputed Publishing house. The book will be released during their National Conference to be conducted in April 2021.
- E-Certificates for all participants.
- Publication of work in the Book which is ISBN certified.
All the works shall go through a plagiarism check (should not be more than 10%) and double-blinded review and the final acceptance of the same shall be conveyed to the respective author within two weeks of their submission. The work that is found to be plagiarized will be rejected right away.
- Prenita Ranjan: 8005492022
- Vanshika Garg: 8059201777
- Manisha Kumari Gupta: 9163695972
- Jatin Soni: 8503014242