The Contemporary Law Forum is inviting law students to be Associate Editors for their blog.
About the Blog
The Contemporary Law Forum is a student run, professionally supported blog established with the primary objective of promoting and publishing quality legal research on contemporary issues of law. TCLF further aims to act as a medium of discussion between multiple stakeholders of the legal industry through legal research and writing.
With a guaranteed outreach across the diverse spectrum of the industry, the forum is an ideal place for the writing community to publish their thoughts on legal issues of contemporary relevance.
In addition to the blog, TCLF also runs an interview series titled “TCLF One-on-One” with the fundamental objective of interacting with the best legal professionals from India and abroad. TCLF has hosted some prominent senior advocates, partners, counsels, researchers etc. in the past.
The Contemporary Law Forum also invites submissions on a rolling basis throughout the calendar year. For full details, click here.
Board of Advisors
TCLF is supported by a noted and diverse group of industry professionals, comprising: Mary Prior QC (36 Group, United Kingdom), Mr. Jawahar Lal (Partner, PRA Law Offices), Mr. Talha Abdul Rahman (Advocate on Record, Supreme Court of India), Mr. Suvigya Awasthi (Associate Partner, PSL Advocates & Solicitors), Mr. Vatsalya Vigya (Advocate on Record, Supreme Court of India), Ms. Rachana Yadav (Senior Associate, AZB & Partners), Dr. Charu Mathur (Advocate on Record, Supreme Court of India), Mr. Yash Patel (Associate, Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas), Ms. Anindhya Sharma (Associate, Inttl Advocare IP Attorneys), Mr. Sarthak Raizada (Advocate, Supreme Court of India), Mr. Gaurav Pathak (Practicing Advocate, Delhi HC), Mr. Sharad Verma (Lawyer with Gray & Company, Canada) and Mr. Sameer Avasarala (Associate, Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas).
Role of an Associate Editor
An associate editor would be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Review articles, submitted on a rolling basis, by law students and practitioners. Typically, the interest area of the Editor is taken into consideration while allocating articles to her/him for review. An article is expected to be reviewed within a period of 6-7 working days from the date of its receipt.
- Suggest themes and draft theme-based questions for the TCLF One-on-One Series.
- Work on the TCLF Weekly Newsletter which covers major legal developments of a particular week alongside brief editorial insights on two important legal issues.
The applicant must be in or above 3rd year (5-year course) or 2nd year (3-year course) of Law School. The student’s profile should reflect a strong interest in legal research and writing.
Preference will be given to candidates having prior editorial experience or research experience. However, the same is not a pre-requisite to apply.
Past Publications would play an important role in the decision-making process. At the same time, quality will take precedence over quantity.
- The applicant must work exclusively for TCLF and any form of parallel association with any other blog is not allowed.
- There is no remuneration involved.
- The applicant would join the team for a period of 3 months, subject to extension based on performance. The decision regarding extension would be taken by the Managing Editors in consultation with the Board of Advisors.
Those interested in applying and meeting the above-mentioned qualifications may send their CVs, along with a cover e-mail and one writing sample (published or otherwise), to official.tclf[at]gmail.com.
The subject line should read as “Application-Editorial Position”. The cover e-mail must give a brief profile of the applicant and highlight her/his interest areas. The deadline for submission of the application is 31st January 2021.
TCLF follows a two-stage selection process:
- First Stage: CV/Application Review
- Second Stage: Telephonic Interview
- A recommendation letter on behalf of the Advisory Board at the end of tenure, recognising the work undertaken and qualities displayed.
- Networking Opportunities
- Enhancement of editorial skills and scholarly publishing experience.
Clarifications, if any, may be sought by writing to the TCLF team at: official.tclf[at]gmail.com.