United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is looking to hire professionals with an advanced degree in Law, Gender Justice, inter alia, for the job role of Program Specialist, Youth & Gender, for the state of Bihar.
About the Organization
UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), is an international development agency that works to deliver a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every child birth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA is the lead UN agency that expands the possibilities for women and young people to lead healthy sexual and reproductive lives.
The Youth and Gender Specialist provides technical assistance and manages UNFPA’s work in respective State, on adolescents and youth and gender equality, with special focus on gender-based violence, to accelerate achievement of the ICPD Programme of Action and Agenda 2030. You will provide technical and policy advice in these special areas and help to strategically position UNFPA’s work, ensuring linkages with UNFPA other programme components of sexual and reproductive health and population dynamics. You will report directly to the State Programme Coordinator with strong working relationships with the Adolescent/Youth and Gender Specialists in the Country Office in New Delhi.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Programme Management and Coordination
- Policy Dialogue and Technical Support
- Advocacy and Resource Mobilization
- Contribute to CO resource mobilization initiatives, identifying opportunities to leverage funding from government and private sector; contribute technical inputs to concept notes and proposal writing.
- Support CO communications efforts, providing relevant state materials.
- Carry out any other duties as may be required by UNFPA leadership.
Note: Please read the job description carefully on the official job post site of UNFPA. Find the link at the end of this post.
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced degree in Law and Human Rights, Psychology, Social Work, Gender Studies, Public Health, Health Economics, public policy, Sociology, Political Science, International Relations, Development Management, or related disciplines.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Five years of increasingly responsible professional experience in managing development programs, prior experience in managing gender and/or adolescent and youth preferred.
- Demonstrable technical expertise in adolescents and youth development, civic engagement, gender equality, and gender-based violence.
- Understanding of life-skills including comprehensive sexuality education programs, gender-based violence, child marriage, and gender-biased sex selection highly desirable.
- Strong understanding of reproductive rights and gender equality dimensions in policy and program formulation, implementation, and monitoring;
- Proven experience in coordinating/managing a multi-disciplinary team of experts and consultants.
- Ability to communicate technical and/or complex issues in a clear and articulate manner, to different types and non-technical audiences;
- Demonstrated ability to network and build partnerships with civil society and youth networks;
- Possess excellent emotional intelligence, interpersonal, negotiating, intercultural communication skills, and political acumen;
- Experience in humanitarian preparedness and response is desirable.
- Languages: Fluency in English is mandatory. Working knowledge of one of the Indian official languages is highly desirable. Knowledge of other UN language(s) is an asset.
For any queries, write to recruiting[at]unfpa.org