The Green Institute is offering a virtual internship program for 6 months to students and fresh graduates (not more than 2 years).
About The Green Institute
The Green Institute is the first Nigerian research institution that subsidizes college tuition costs through a waste management program while training leaders that will systematically transform attitudes about environmentalism in Africa’s most populated and polluted country.
The Institute offers training and research, in line with proffering innovative solutions to achieve the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. TGI’s principal area of concentration is environmental sustainability, but they adopt both a micro and macro-level approach that encompasses relevant studies in the sciences, arts, and social sciences. Their onsite campus is located in Ondo Kingdom, Nigeria, but the reach and applicability are global.
The TGI Internship
- Duration: The Green Institute Internship is a 6-month innovative virtual program for garnering knowledge, skills and experience in the field of sustainability.
- Interns: The program aims to nurture college students and fresh graduates (not more than two years), thereby bridging the gap between education and career development.
- Perks: It does this by offering on-the-job-training and experience for effective employee development.
How does it work?
- The internship is geared at providing sustainable and innovative solutions to existing local challenges.
- Participants are expected to carry out an innovative solution ranging from policies, advocacy or education to products, services and business models that address a particular challenge.
- The project is judged based on innovativeness, depth of impact, and scalability.
- The participant with the best community project is awarded a grant of $1000 (~INR 73,000).
- The Internship program builds participants by empowering them through capacity building and critical thinking skills to become eco-conscious, ethical and entrepreneurial leaders in their communities and the world at large.
- Gain experience about the application of sustainability in their various fields
- Full access to the course content of the Principles of Green and Sustainability Science, a globalized course content curated by renowned sustainability experts and centered on the African content
- Network with other sustainability leaders around the world
- Curriculum vitae evaluation and career guidance and counseling
- Become qualified to win a grant of $1000 for best community project
- Certificate of completion providing a competitive advantage in the 21st century job market
Who can apply?
- Must be a student of an academic institution or graduates of not more than 2 years
- Must be available to participate and possess requisite digital tools such as a computer and internet connection
- Open to all nationalities
The following are the skills that TGI needs, but these are not limited to what follows.
- Web development
- Graphics designing
- Content writers/copy writers
- Business development
- Data analyst
- Social media management
- Proposal/grant writing
Application Process (With Deadlines)
- Stage 1: Preliminary Assessment: Apply by January 19, 2021
- Stage 2: Evaluation: Starts January 26, 2021
- Stage 3: Interview: February 22-25, 2021
- Stage 4: Acceptance: Letters by March 20, 2021
- Stage 5: Internship: Starts April 5, 2021
Click here for complete details about the TGI Internship.