Kerala Law Academy law college (KLA) is organizing its 3rd International Seminar on Compulsory License: A tool to access lifesaving medicines. For the same, submissions are invited by Call for Papers, for presentation in the webinar.
About the Organization
The Kerala Law Academy law college (KLA), established in 1966 is a center for legal studies, legal research, and law reforms. Its acclaimed peer-reviewed research journal is published continuously since 1977. The College, affiliated to the University of Kerala, offers Undergraduate programs in BA LL.B. and B.Com LL.B. five year integrated courses, LLB Unitary three year course and Post-Graduate courses of LL.M (Administrative Law), LL.M (International Law) and MBL (Master of Business Law). Its sister concern, CALSAR offers a Research program in Law (Ph.D.).
About the Webinar
Kerala Law Academy Law College in association with the Centre for Advanced Legal Studies and Research (CALSAR) is organizing a One Day Virtual International Seminar on Compulsory License: A tool to access lifesaving medicines via virtual mode on 20th January 2021 from the Kerala Law Academy Campus, Peroorkada, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The Seminar is conducted through online platforms Zoom and Google Meet. All the participants should have good access to the internet and be able to access the above said online platform.
Dr. Franciszek Strzyczkowski ( Assistant Professor, University of Lodz School of Law, UK and Counsel in the General Counsel to the Republic of Poland Office) is the Key Note Speaker of the seminar. Prof. Jeeva Niriella, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka, and Dr. S. Rama Rao, Director, WIPO Coordination Office, New York are the Chief Guests of the International Seminar.
Object of the Seminar
This seminar gives the idea about Patent Law from an International perspective for ensuring essential pharmaceutical medicines for better health. It also looks into the possibilities of using a Compulsory License for increasing the availability of life-saving medicines.
Call for Papers
The Organising Committee is calling for Research Articles from Law Students, Academicians, Lawyers, social workers, Policymakers, and officials from various departments- Representatives from institutions and professionals; NGO, Social Activists, Social science researchers and faculty and research scholars.
- Right to Health: A Fundamental Right under National and International Law
- Right to Health and Access to health care
- Patent Law and Access to Lifesaving medicines
- Impact of TRIPS on Pharmaceutical Patent
- Globalization and its impact on Patent Law
- Compulsory License- A tool to reduce Drug Price
- Pharmaceutical Patent and Judicial Response
Note: These Themes are not exhaustive; the Authors are open to working on any topic related to the above-mentioned theme.
Kindly send the abstract on or before the 20th of January 2021 by e-mail to klainternationalseminar03[at]gmail.com
Guidelines for Paper Submission
- Kindly confine yourself to the areas identifiable with the title of the Seminar.
- The papers may be in Times New Roman, Font Size: Heading-14, Text-12 in A4 format, single line spacing, not exceeding 2500 words including Footnotes.
- Authors are encouraged to use The Bluebook (20th ed.) citation format for footnoting and it should be in Times New Roman Font 10 size. Further, speaking footnotes are discouraged.
- An abstract not exceeding 300 words shall be submitted for consideration. The abstract shall contain the Synopsis of the Paper, Subtitles, Reference materials, and conclusion indicating the author’s perspective. The abstract must be mailed to klainternationalseminar03[at]gmail.com on or before January 20th, 2021.
- It must be accompanied by a cover page, stating the following:
- Title of the paper
- Name of Author(s)
- Name of Institute/Organization
- Official Designation
- E-mail Address
- Postal Address
- Contact Number
- The submission should be in word format.
- The papers shall be screened by a committee. The full papers (2500 words) approved by the committee shall be accepted for presentation in the seminar. The intimation of selection will be made through email.
- The final paper should contain a cover page that includes Name, Designation, Relevant Discipline, and Year of Study, Address, email ID, and Contact number.
- Abstracts and papers should be written in English, and the working language of the seminar will be English and presentations shall be done in English.
- Submissions should be made by the author who will attend the webinar.
- Co-authorship is allowable but limited to one co-author only.
- Only one paper per participant will be permitted. Multiple submissions will lead to disqualification.
- No part of the paper should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication. Any form of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
- The organizers will take earnest effort to publish the best articles selected from among those received, subject to their acceptance by reputed journals as per their criteria.
- Publishing charges if any demanded by the journal may be paid by the author.
- Submission of abstracts: 20th January 2021
- Communication of abstract acceptance: 21st of January, 2021.
- Submission of full paper: 13th February 2021
- Intimation of full paper acceptance: 14th of February 2021
- Date of payment of registration fee: 15 and 16th of February 2021
- International seminar: 20th February 2021
There is a Registration fee of Rs.750/- per participant (An additional fee of Rs.250/- should be paid in the case of a maximum of one co-author).
The team intending to participate must register on or before 16th February 2021(16/02/2021) by submitting the duly filled proforma provided on the Kerala Law Academy website https://keralalawacademy.in/wp/forms/compulsory-license-seminar/
All the participants will be awarded an E-certificate of presentation.
Faculty in charge
Prajitha P.G (Convener)
Phone Number: +91 7994561860
Dr. Dakshina Saraswathy (Co-Convener)
Phone Number: +91 9744169215
Darshana S Thampi (Co-Convener)
Phone Number: +91 8086406054
- Nithin Rajeev: +91 8075278235
- Vishnu V S: +91 9544659324
- Steffi Felix: +91 7907693959
- Nikitha Suresh: +91 8921757354
- Gouri R: +91 8593085869