Commonwealth Foundation is calling for applications for its Graduate Internship Program, which will be based remotely with the intention of returning to the London offices once Government and Commonwealth Secretariat COVID-19 policies allow.
About the Organization
The Commonwealth Foundation is an intergovernmental organization established by Heads of Government in support of the belief that the Commonwealth is as much an association of peoples as it is of governments. Their mission is to support civic voices to share their stories, learn and act together, and influence the institutions that shape people’s lives.
- Responsibilities depend on the area of placement and the intern’s own capacities.
- Typically they will include project work, research, preparation of briefing papers, and provision of logistical and administrative support.
- They currently have three internship vacancies throughout the Foundation.
- Interns recruited under this call can be expected to work in a range of areas including communications; event management; and partner relations.
- Interns will participate in both internal and external learning opportunities and to rotate between program areas to broaden their knowledge and skills.
- Interns are provided with support in interview skills and CV development, as well as networking contacts.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
All interns working at the Commonwealth Foundation will be required to:
- Actively promote the values and aims of the Commonwealth
- Provide support in delivering the Foundation’s objectives, including assisting in cross-Foundation events and initiatives
- As well as working within their own team, they will also work on cross-Foundation projects as required
- Undertake research projects/produce research papers
- Contribute to the planning, monitoring and evaluation and reporting cycle of the Foundation
- Contribute to the documentation and sharing of lessons learned and incorporation of these in project reports, publications and appropriate presentation materials
- Support the technical aspects of the Foundation’s work including but not limited to assisting in the management of webinars, online meetings and social media.
The individuals should have
- Excellent research skills,
- Administrative skills and
- Ideally have a knowledge of the development arena.
- Capacity and experience in the use of technology
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and online platforms will be required
6 months, from 15 February 2021
- £55 (~5,000 INR) per day expenses allowance + £20 (~2,000 INR) per day travel allowance
- As an internship, this does not constitute employment with the Foundation. There are no payments for bank holidays, privilege days, or sickness. There is a limited holiday allowance
- Application Deadline: January 14, 2021
- Interviews: Week of 25 January 2021
- Internship Commencement Date: Monday 15 February 2021
For official information, click here.