Citi, the consumer division of financial services multinational Citigroup, is looking to hire a Compliance Risk Officer (Surveillance Intermediate) Analyst for its Mumbai office.
Citibank is the consumer division of financial services multinational Citigroup. Citibank was founded in 1812 as the City Bank of New York, and later became First National City Bank of New York.
Citi’s Global Consumer Bank (GCB), a global leader in banking, credit cards and wealth management, is a critical growth engine for Citi. With a strategic focus on the U.S., Mexico and Asia, the Global Consumer Bank serves more than 110 million clients in 19 markets.
- Reviewing and analyzing surveillance alerts and/or reports relating to firm, employee and client trading activity and/or eCommunication or Voice calls. Properly documenting the review and disposition of the exceptions as well as escalating matters appropriately.
- Assisting team leads in responses to inquiries or requests from internal partners (e.g. ICRM Assurance, Internal Audit, Legal).
- Assisting with the design and implementation of new surveillances as well as the refinement of existing ones.
- Interacting with IT on the specific design and testing of new surveillances.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Assist in the effective documentation for enhancements and changes to process and procedures; Analyzing and collating MIS to support the metrics model for surveillance within agreed timeframes and to a high standard.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree and/or experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof
- Preferred: Advanced degree (e.g. JD, MBA) a plus
Skills, Experience, and Competencies
- 2+ years within a Compliance / Risk / Control function.
- Knowledge of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks, and typologies
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative, and adaptive
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at varied levels of the organization
- Strong project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Some knowledge in the area of focus
- Discretionary: Include non-English language skills where essential (e.g. Spanish, Japanese, Cantonese, Mandarin)
Click here for the official job posting by Citi.