Clifford Chance, one of the world’s leading law firms, is looking to hire for the job role of Conflicts Analyst, for its office in Gurgaon.
About Clifford Chance
Clifford Chance is one of the world’s leading law firms, helping clients achieve their goals by combining the highest global standards with local expertise. The Firm has unrivalled scale and depth of legal resources across the three key markets of the Americas, Asia and Europe and focuses on the core areas of commercial activity: capital markets; corporate and M&A; finance and banking; real estate; tax; pensions and employment; litigation and dispute resolution. Clifford Chance’s aim is to be the leader of an elite group of law firms.
Working within the Post Clearance Team (PCT) in CC Delhi, you will be part of a team responsible for the management of conflicts of interest and associated compliance issues across Clifford Chance’s global practice, including Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
Your primary responsibility will be making decisions on whether new mandates can be accepted or the scope of existing matters amended in the context of current conflicts and regulatory rules, and internal firm policies.
- To review requests for clearance to amend existing matters, open supplementary matters and liaise with partners and other fee earners to determine the appropriate ways to do this.
- In addition, you will undergo extensive ongoing training on:
- UK conflicts rules and their application in practice
- Clearance Centre processes and procedures
- Risk and compliance policies
- Matter intake workflows
Accordingly, the role includes the following responsibilities:
- Assessing whether new mandates can be accepted in the context of current conflicts and other regulatory rules, as well as internal policies, across the full range of practice areas within the firm.
- Assessing and making decisions on whether changes to existing mandates create any conflict or other compliance issues for the firm.
- Determining any applicable conditions upon which mandates can be accepted or continued.
- Analysing information contained in the Firm’s conflict management systems.
- Establishing information barriers.
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Any Graduate, Law degree and legal qualification preferred
- Minimum 8 yrs of work experience in a corporate/MNC
- Some experience of working in a commercial environment (legal or otherwise) would be very useful, but not essential
- Analytical skills and a proven ability to solve problems in a methodical and practical way
- Ability to gather and analyse information and to use the results of that analysis to make effective decisions and find innovative solutions to problems
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple demands on your time simultaneously
- A quick learner able to adapt to new processes and technology
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to form working relationships with others, both inside and outside of the Clearance Centre
Days and Hours of Work
Monday to Friday
(13:30 to 22:00 IST April to Oct,14:30 to 23:00 IST Nov to Mar)