ALTBalaji, an Indian subscription-based video-on-demand platform, is looking to hire for the job role of Assistant Manager (Legal), to report to the Legal Head.
ALTBalaji is an Indian subscription-based video on demand platform which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Balaji Telefilms Ltd. Launched on 16 April 2017, ALTBalaji is the Group’s foray into the digital entertainment sphere to create original OTT content. The platform has around 34 million paid users.
- Assisting in developing processes, templates, and approval parameters for agreements and contracts for ALT Balaji.
- Providing a comprehensive and high quality in-house legal service, across a broad range of legal issues to internal customers within the organization, ensuring all activities are in line with legal requirements and risks are mitigated appropriately and including ‘contracting out’ of work to external impaneled law firms as appropriate, whilst retaining overall responsibility for delivery.
- Defining filing norms/ processes for legal/secretarial documentation within the group
- Ensuring compliance with all laws/rules/regulations etc. by spreading awareness about the same so as to safeguard Balaji Group from potential litigation.
- Handling Legal matters with a special focus on IP and Labour Criminal and Civil litigation matters.
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with internal customers promoting the value of the legal function, for the three broad verticals of Television, Digital, syndication, and support function to HR, Admin, and Finance department for contract drafting, negotiation, and closure.
- Advising and updating senior management on all legal matters
- Advising and participating in major litigation cases
- Overseeing due diligence for acquisition and lease of properties
- Liaising and coordinating with Lawyers, regulatory bodies, etc.
- Responsible for all company secretarial matters
- Negotiating and finalizing legal terms in important contracts
- Overseeing the IPR administration-Trademark and Copyright registrations, fillings, opposition, and management to help build the IPR bank for the Company.
- Excellent legal skills, including drafting and negotiating contracts and strategic management of contractual disputes.
- Ability to apply expertise to a range of legal issues.
- A ‘can do’ attitude with a readiness to ‘roll your sleeves up’ and get down to tackling and resolving issues and producing excellent outcomes.
- Ability to turn around inquiries quickly and tackle issues at short notice.
- Excellent written and oral communications, including the ability to work effectively with a range of people and the ability to deliver advice in a clear and user-friendly way.
- Entirely self-motivated, self-sufficient, providing the engine room and energy of the Legal Department.
- Familiar with absorbing detail and conveying it in a clear and concise fashion to all levels of the organization.
- Customer service skills/ability to be robust as well as facilitative.
- An ability to understand a complex organization with many different workstreams and to balance competing demands.
- Communicates Effectively
- Drives Results
- Inspires Creativity and Innovation
- Exhibits Professional Excellence
How to Apply
To apply for the role at ALTBalaji, send your CV/Resume to careers[at]balajitelefils.com