National Law University Delhi (NLUD) invites applications for the position of Research Assistant in Law.
National Law University Delhi (NLUD), India, established in 2008 by Government of India and with the initiative of High Court of Delhi, is a premier Law University established in India. The vision of the university is to create a Global Legal Institution which will compete with the best outside India and to prepare lawyers for a legal carer that introduces them to a wide range of opportunity in the legal profession across the globe. The university is offering the five years integrated B. A., LL.B. (Hons.) programme from 2008 and the LL.M. and Ph.D. programmes from the year 2011.
Role and Responsibilities
National Law University, Delhi is seeking to engage, on a contractual basis, one fulltime Research Assistant (Law) For Chair On Intellectual Property Rights at its campus in Dwarka, New Delhi.
The selected Research Assistant will provide support to IPR Chair in conducting its research and activities. As part of the assigned research,
- The Research Assistant is expected to engage in diverse research activities including field work, data collection, data analysis, report drafting, etc.
- Research Assistants are also expected to supervise the work of the student researchers/ interns associated with the IPR Chair and/or assist principal investigators in conducting research.
- They are also expected to assist in other research and dissemination activities of the IPR Chair.
Who can Apply
Candidates holding graduate (LL.B.), post-graduate degree in law (LL.M.), or with Ph.D. in Law with demonstrable interest in interdisciplinary research in the area of intellectual property are encouraged to apply.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications:
- LL.B: Rs. 30,000/- per month
- LL.M- Rs. 40,000/- per month
- Ph.D. – Rs. 50,000/- per month
The position is for an initial period of three months, which can be extended to one year based on satisfactory performance.
The contract may be further extended annually depending on the performance of the candidate and the needs of the IPR Chair.
How to Apply
Interested candidates may submit their application with the following relevant documents to: ipr.chair[at]nludelhi.ac.in, the following:
- Detailed CV
- Writing sample (published/ unpublished)
- A Statement of Purpose (SoP), explaining your interest in working with the IPR Chair (Max. 500 words).
- Contact details of two referees to be mentioned in the covering letter.
- The covering letter must mention the following in the subject title: Application for Position of Research Assistant – IPR Chair
- The University reserves the right to conduct interviews to fill this position after an internal screening process.
- After initial internal screening, candidates may be required to undertake a writing test for being eligible to be called for the interview.
- The position should not be considered as a permanent appointment with the university in any way.
- The interviews will be conducted online and the Research Assistant is expected to join latest by January 15, 2021.