NLIU Journal of Media Law calls for submissions of original articles, book reviews, comments and discussion within the aim and scope of the Journal for Volume II.
About the Organisation and Journal
National Law Institute University (NLIU) is a law school and center for research located in Bhopal, India. Established in 1997 by the State of Madhya Pradesh, it is one of the first three law schools to have been established under the National Law School system.
NLIU Journal of Media Law is the flagship bi-annual journal of media law issued by National Law Institute University, Bhopal. The Journal offers a forum for critical research on the interplay of contemporary issues in media law and aims to provide a platform for a nuanced analysis of the developments in legislation, policies, and the debates surrounding this ever-growing field of law. Along with exploring the various problems and challenges associated with the field of media law, the Journal attempts to explore and offer workable solutions, which may be helpful in regulatory and policy decisions.
The Editorial Board of the Journal welcomes submissions of original articles, book reviews, comments, and discussion within the aim and scope of the Journal for Volume II. It is the second edition of student-edited law journal with an aim to promote a culture of scholarly research and academic writing among students by publishing articles on subjects of interest to the legal profession and academia.
- Law students pursuing the three-year LLB, as well as the five years, integrated LLB program,
- Students pursuing LLM or Ph.D.,
- Research Associates,
- Practitioners and
- Professionals interested in the area are eligible to submit.
The paper submissions and presentations by the author(s) must strictly conform to originality within the broad theme of “Media, the interface of Media and Technology and Entertainment law”.
- The following are the categories for submissions:
- Articles: Manuscripts under this category should be between 5000-10,000 words long. The manuscripts under this category must be highly analytical where the author(s) arrive at a definite conclusion pertaining to the topic.
- Case comments: Manuscripts under this category should be within 2000-5000 words long.
- Book reviews: Manuscripts under this category should be within 1000-3000 words long.
- Essays: Manuscripts under this category should be within 3000-5000 words long.
- Each manuscript must contain an abstract of not more than 300 words. This is inclusive of the above-mentioned word limit of 5000-8000 words.
Please note that the submissions must conform to the following requirements:
- The Article should be on A4 sized paper, in Garamond, font size 12, 1.5 line Spacing, justified and 1-inch margins on each side. Footnotes should be in font size 10 and with single line spacing.
- The Authors should conform to the Bluebook (20th edition) Uniform System of Citation.
- Authors should provide their contact details, designation, institutional affiliation, and address in the covering letter for the submission. The Manuscript should not contain any identification of the author/s, which shall be a ground for rejection of the submission.
- Each submission may have up to two authors.
- The submission must be the original work of the authors. Any form of plagiarism will lead to direct rejection.
- The relevant sources should be duly acknowledged as footnotes. The decision of the Editorial Board in this regard shall be final.
- The Journal publishes only original and unpublished material. Manuscripts must therefore not, at any time during the period of consideration by the Journal, be considered for publication in any other place, nor published beforehand.
- Manuscripts shall be assessed by subjection to Blind Review Procedure. Reviewers shall not be informed of the author’s name, university, year in college, or any other personal information.
How to Submit
- The original manuscripts must be sent to medialaw.cell[at]nliu.ac.in by 10 FEBRUARY 2020 by 11:59 PM.
- The e-mail must contain the following:
- The manuscript in .doc/.docx format.
- A cover letter containing the name(s) of the authors, the institution, the course, and the year of study, along with a declaration about the originality of the manuscript.
Phone Number: +91 9167090370
Phone Number: +91 7748848807