About the Opportunity
The Environmental Law & Policy Center (ELPC) seeks to hire law student (1st and 2nd year) interns for Summer 2021. Legal interns support ELPC’s state and federal litigation and policy work throughout the Midwest.
The Environmental Law & Policy Center is the Midwest’s leading public interest environmental legal advocacy and eco-business innovation organization. ELPC develops and leads successful strategic environmental advocacy campaigns to improve environmental quality and protect our natural heritage. They are public interest environmental entrepreneurs who engage in creative business deal making with diverse interests to put into practice our belief that
environmental progress and economic development can be achieved together. ELPC’s multidisciplinary staff of talented and experienced public interest attorneys, environmental business specialists, public policy advocates, and communications specialists brings a strong and effective combination of skills to solve environmental problems and improve the quality of life in our Midwestern communities.
- Work with ELPC attorneys and other professional staff on ELPC policy, legislative and general advocacy issues, and federal and state court litigation.
- Job activities may include legal and legislative research, litigation and pre-litigation support, developing case strategies, legislative drafting, clean energy business development, grassroots advocacy work, and special projects.
- Interns also may attend meetings with state and federal agencies, legislators and concerned citizens, and participate in depositions and other litigation activities.
Applicants should have:
- A strong academic record,
- Excellent writing and analytical skills, and
- A demonstrated interest in and commitment to public interest and environmental advocacy.
How to Apply
Interested law students should send a cover letter and resume via email to lawinternships[at]elpc.org
Applications from 1Ls and 2Ls (1st and 2nd year) are accepted on an ongoing basis.