About the Opportunity
The Department of Revenue functioning under the overall direction and control of the Secretary (Revenue) [Ministry of Finance] is looking to hire an Assistant Legal Adviser.
About the Company,
The Department of Revenue functions under the overall direction and control of the Secretary (Revenue). It exercises control in respect of matters relating to all the Direct and Indirect Union Taxes through two statutory Boards namely, the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) and the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC). Each Board is headed by a Chairman who is also ex-officio Special Secretary to the Government of India. Matters relating to the levy and collection of all Direct taxes are looked after by the CBDT whereas those relating to levy and collection of Customs and Central Excise duties and other Indirect Taxes fall within the purview of the CBIC. The two Boards were constituted under the Central Board of Revenue Act, 1963. At present, the CBDT has six Members and the CBIC has six Members. The Members are also ex-officio Special Secretaries to the Government of India.
- To give advice on all matters referred by the various Ministries/Departments of the Government of India.
- To Look after Government litigation work.
- To appear in courts on behalf of the Central Government, wherever required; and
- To perform administrative and other works as may be assigned.
- Degree in law from a recognized University or Institute and
- 3 years of experience at bar dealing with criminal laws or fiscal laws. OR
- Master’s Degree in Law from a recognized University or Institute and One year experience at bar dealing with criminal laws or fiscal laws.
Not exceeding 40 years as on normal closing date.
Directorate of Enforcement, 6th Floor, LokNayak Bhawan, Khan Market, New Delhi- 110003 with all India Service Liability