About the Opportunity
Applications are called for the positions of Research Associate and Research Assistant in an Impactful Policy Research in Social Sciences (IMPRESS) project funded by ICSSR.
The Title of the project is New media visual culture: ethics, rights, and formulation of a new visual media policy” at the Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi.
Jawaharlal Nehru University is a public central university located in New Delhi, India. It was established in 1969 and named after Jawaharlal Nehru, India’s first Prime Minister. The university is known for leading faculties and research emphasis on liberal arts and applied sciences.
Jawaharlal Nehru University was established in 1969 by an act of parliament. It was named after Jawaharlal Nehru, India’s first Prime Minister. G. Parthsarthi was the first vice-chancellor. Prof. Moonis Raza was the Founder Chairman and Rector. The bill for the establishment of Jawaharlal Nehru University was placed in the Rajya Sabha on 1 September 1965 by the then minister of education M. C. Chagla.
Number of Positions
- Research Associate: 01
- Research Assistant: 01
- Research Associate: Postgraduate in any Social Science discipline with minimum 55%marks and NET/ SLET/ MPhil/Ph.D. (Those who have MPhil/ Ph.D., or research experience in media studies/ social media/ visual culture will be preferred).
- Research Assistant: Ph.D./ M.Phil/ PG in Social Sciences discipline with minimum 55% marks. (Those who have Mphil/ Ph.D. or research experience in media studies/ social media /visual culture will be preferred).
A purely temporary basis initially for a period of 5 months and co-terminus with the project.
- For Research Associate: Rs. 25,000/- per month
- For Research Assistant: Rs. 20,000/- per month
Application and Selection
- Interested candidates may apply for the position by sending their detailed Curriculum Vitae through email (spararyil[at]mail.jnu.ac.in). The mail must include name, date of birth, contact address essential/ professional qualifications, detailed research experience in their CV.
- The application should reach on or before 11 December 2020, (5 PM) mentioning the name of the project and post applied for on the subject of the email.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on qualification and suitability for the project. Only the short-listed candidates will be called for the interview.
For this post, please click on ‘Current Project’ on the landing page via the link below.