About the Opportunity
Maersk, a Danish integrated shipping company, is looking to hire a Legal Associate with 1-3 years of PQE, for its Mumbai office in India.
Maersk, is a Danish integrated shipping company, active in ocean and inland freight transportation and associated services, such as supply chain management and port operation. Maersk has been the largest container ship and supply vessel operator in the world since 1996. It operates in 130 countries, across the globe.
Maersk Legal Shared Services provides legal, claims, and compliance services to a diverse range of functions across the Maersk Group.
- Reviewing and negotiating contracts for Maersk Oil Trading including typical contract management tasks namely, renewals, signatures, liaising with corporate legal for notarizations, legalizations, etc
- Ensuring correct archiving and storage of documents, contracts, corporate documents and official documents in the contract management or other internal tools
- Assisting with KYC (know your counterparty), compliance review, and initial admin processes and related sharing of documents
- Supporting timely facilitation of annual board meetings and related requirements for all Maersk Oil Trading entities, including engaging with company secretaries to ensure compliance with local company legislative requirements as well as Maersk Group requirements
- Ensuring delegation of authority and financial mandates are duly updated and issued in alignment with finance and risk management
- Assisting with insurance renewals, providing relevant documentation to insurance brokers and underwriters, and keeping the overview of existing policies, with associated covers, deadlines, expiry dates, etc.
- Supporting the Chief Legal Counsel and Head of Governance and Compliance in Maersk Oil Trading with contract management/governance
- Develop ‘eye to eye’ relationship and engagement with internal stakeholders and implement process capability
- Provide consistent and predictable high-quality service to business partners and end customers
- The ideal candidate holds a Bachelor of Law. Master of Law a plus.
- The candidate has:
- 1-3 years of experience from an in-house function in an internationally oriented law firm OR
- An international corporation with experience in dealing (drafting, reviewing, negotiating and finalizing) with agreements.
- Contract management and process management experience preferred
Skills and Competencies
- Understanding of fuel trading and maritime law is preferred but not a requirement.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Given high stakeholder interaction excellent English skills both oral as well as written are required and proven capability in MS Office is expected
- Behavioral Skills:
- Flexible and business supportive mind-set
- A strong communicator equally capable of engaging with stakeholders and colleagues alike.
- An ability to delivery independently and timely.
How to Apply
- Click on ‘Apply’ after being redirected to the job posting page. (Link at the end of this post)
- Create your profile.
- Log in to your account.
- Fill in the online application form.