About Ramaiah College of Law, Bengaluru
The prestigious Ramaiah College of Law, Bengaluru was established under the aegis of Gokula Education Foundation in 1995 with the approval of the Bar Council of India.
The year 2020 marks 25 years of Ramaiah College of Law in imparting legal education and as a part of the celebrations, they are proud to announce the first edition of National RCL Online Law Quiz Competition- ‘Invictus 2021’ organised by the ‘Centre for Human Rights, International Humanitarian Law and Refugee Law’, Ramaiah College of Law, Bengaluru, to be held on Republic Day.
About the National Online Quiz Competition
Through the 1st National RCL Online Law Quiz Competition- ‘Invictus 2021’, they intend to give a platform to the law students across the nation to compete, learn and in the process, expand the boundaries of their legal knowledge. They strive to offer an unmatched quizzing experience wherein the traditional classroom learning along with practical knowledge of the students will be tested.
They hope that this endeavour of their would act as an inspiration to all those who are in the passionate pursuit of law, to be the master of their own fate – dream big, pursue it with an undefeatable spirit and conquer the heights of legal wisdom.
The competition is open to all the law students pursuing their Bachelor’s Degree from any University/Affiliated College/Institution in India.
The registration for the Quiz can be done by clicking this registration link: https://forms.gle/rBvdbvD8S7gviggMA
The Last date of registration is January 20, 2021
A maximum of 250 students will be allowed to register for the competition on a first-come,first-serve basis. There will be NO Registration Fee.
The quiz will comprise of questions from the following subjects:
- The Constitution of India
- Indian Penal Code (IPC)
- Code of Criminal Procedure (Cr.PC)
- Indian Evidence Act (IEA)
- Civil Procedure Code (CPC)
- Interpretation of Statutes (IoS)
- Law of Torts (LoT)
- Law of Contract (LoC)
- Family Law (FL)
- Company Law (CL)
- Environmental Law (EL)
- Public International Law (PIL)
- Human Rights Law (HRL, including International Humanitarian Law & Law Relating to Refugees)
- Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- Jurisprudence (J)
Scheme of the Quiz
The quiz will be played via Google Forms.
The link to the quiz will be shared with the participants through an official Telegram group created exclusively for the purpose of the quiz.
Once a participant gets successfully registered for the quiz, the link to join this Telegram group will be sent via the confirmation email.
Format of the Competition
- The quiz will consist of a total of 150 questions (1 mark each) accounting for 150 marks in total.
- All questions will be in the Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs) format.
- The total time for completing the quiz will be 60 minutes.
- There will be no negative marking for the quiz.
- In the event of a tie, there will be an additional round of 5 questions.
- All relevant communications regarding the quiz will be shared through the official Telegram group. It is the responsibility of the participants to join the Telegram group by accessing the shared link.
- The results of the quiz will be declared through the official Telegram group.
- The host will NOT be responsible for any technical issues or connectivity/device failures on the part of participants during the Quiz.
- The results declared by the host would be final. The authority vests with the organizers to monitor the same.
Cash Prizes and Rewards
- The 1st Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 5,000/- & E-Certificate of Merit
- The 2nd Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 3,000/- & E-Certificate of Merit
- The 3rd Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 2,000/- & E-Certificate of Merit
- The next 5 rank holders will get E-Certificate of Appreciation
- All the participants of the Quiz will be given E- Certificate of Participation
- Last Date of Registration: January 20th, 2021
- Date of Competition: January 26th, 2021
- Declaration of Results: January 28th, 2021
- Issuance of E-Certificates: February 10, 2021
Kindly forward your queries (if any) to rclquiz[at]msrcl.org