About the Opportunity
Equinix, an American multinational company, is looking to hire for the post of Legal Counsel, Commercial Transactions who will primarily be responsible for negotiating, drafting, and managing a wide range of commercial and customer contracts, in Mumbai.
Equinix, Inc. is an American multinational company headquartered in Redwood City, California, that specializes in Internet connection and data centers. The company is a leader in global colocation data center market share, with 210 data centers in 25 countries on five continents.
- Being a close partner to the business, the successful candidate will be assisting in a broad spectrum of legal, commercial, and compliance matters within Equinix’s business, with a particular focus on Equinix business in India.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating customer contracts and accounts both India based and across our global platform and comfortable with liaising and engaging in discussions with colleagues at all seniority levels from both the business units and One Legal.
- Mastering the art of negotiation such that the contracts comply with internal guidelines and have been subject to the necessary approvals with a keen eye on protecting Equinix while simultaneously achieving customer satisfaction.
- Accountable and responsible for managing the full deal cycle, including communicating the status of contracts and updating the contract management system.
- Analyzing customer requests for information including active participation in the Bid process, advising the business on how best to respond with an emphasis on quick, accurate, and comprehensive drafting turnaround.
- Providing legal advice and responding to queries relating to customer transactions or contracts, including prosecuting litigation and/or insurance claims if required. Advising on legal rights; working closely with and providing strategic guidance to the business, including senior management across the organization.
- Providing ancillary advice to the sales team and other business units supporting commercial contracts on various issues including early contract termination, novations, price increases, renewals, amendments, customer rights, and ensuring changes are properly documented.
- Working with external counsel where required.
- Supporting commercial aspects of an M&A transaction including conducting due diligence on customer contracts and implementing policies and procedures relating to integration post acquisition.
- Understanding and advising on applicable local regulations to the business, enhancing employee awareness and knowledge of regulatory requirements and sensitivities in India and identifying customer contracts, individuals or supported business units that do not comply with Equinix policies, processes, and procedures and understanding when to escalate issues to stakeholders/approvers or appropriate parties to address non-compliance and any further action required.
- Such and other responsibilities as assigned. Check this page for full information.
- Must hold a Law degree from a recognised university
- Must be admitted to practice in India
- About 8 to 10years’ post qualification experience in India; with some experience in a reputable law firm. Having prior in-house experience in an MNC will be an advantage
- Prepared to use technology including contracts management system. Articulate, with great communication and drafting skills and highly effective in English
- Competent, accurate, proactive, resourceful, independent, organised, able to prioritise effectively to meet deadlines, address risk, achieve results, an effective time manager with strong interpersonal skills with a focus on teamwork and ability to foster/manage relationships across multiple departments