About the Opportunity
Corning, world’s leading innovator in materials science, is looking to hire for the job post of Director Government Affairs, in Gurgaon.
About the Company
Corning Incorporated is an American multinational technology company that specializes in specialty glass, ceramics, and related materials and technologies including advanced optics, primarily for industrial and scientific applications. The company was named Corning Glass Works until 1989.
- Builds and maintains network of working relationships with a wide array of Federal and State Government Departments and organizations, including engagement with the government officials at the Secretary and Under Secretary and Director General levels that is consistent with the trust and mutual respect and in line with the values and compliance requirements of the company.
- Foster relationships and work with t various trade, industry, and/or professional organizations to support Corning priorities and promote Corning’s role as good corporate citizen.
- Monitor the political & legislative environment in the country and identify emerging issues and
challenges which affect the company’s profitability and competitive position.
- Proactively identify issues and opportunities to improve growth and competitiveness and influence decisions that reflect positively on the credibility and reputation of the Company.
- Develop and implement timely strategies and action plans to swiftly lead the Government interfaces (local, state, central) in resolving crises and issues with minimal impact on the company business and reputation.
- Work closely with the company’s global government affairs team to strategize the approach for the India business.
- Manager the external consulting firm supporting the company of specific projects that require interactions with government agencies.
- Provide support to ensure that the company’s compliance, registration and licenses related needs are met smoothly.
Who is it for?
- 10 years of relevant experience in government relations, preferably in a multinational company.
- Strong, nuanced communication skills or (written & oral) and expertise in negotiations.
- Ability to analyze, articulate, and proactively advocate a position for a Company. This requires a capacity to assimilate complex details quickly.
- Demonstrated experience in project management.