About the Opportunity
The International Center for Not-for-Profit Law (ICNL) is looking for a creative, strategic, and highly motivated lawyer for the job post of Legal Advisor-Asia, who will be based in Washington, DC, United States.
The International Center for Not-for-Profit Law (ICNL) is an international nongovernmental organization (NGO) whose main goal is to facilitate the development of civil society through the improvement of the legal frameworks that regulate the operation of NGOs in each country. It operates through cooperation and alliances with local governments or organizations and currently has a presence on four continents.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement activities to improve the legal environment for civil society in Asia
- Provide technical legal assistance to government officials, parliamentarians, and civil society
- Design and implement projects with local partners
- Research civil society legal issues and produce educational materials
- Assist with budget and contract management, program development, and donor requirements
- Represent ICNL at meetings and conferences
- Law degree from an accredited school
- At least 5 years of professional experience in international policy, human rights, or development
- Demonstrated knowledge of civic space issues in Asia
- Excellent research, analytical, writing, and presentation skills
- Proven ability to engage constructively with governments, civil society and/or media networks
- Experience in program strategy and design as well as project management
- Fluency in English
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Experience in program development/grant writing is an advantage
- Civil society experience, particularly in challenging political environments, is an advantage
- The Legal Advisor must possess legal authorization to work in the U.S. and be willing to live in the Washington, DC metropolitan area
How to Apply
- Interested candidates must send the following:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Writing Sample
- The abovementioned must be sent to jobs[at]icnl.org and the in the subject line of the email, ‘Legal Advisor-Asia‘ must be indicated.
- The cover letter must mention the reference or the source where you saw this posting.