Droit Penale Group: A Unit of Arjun Das Gulati Memorial Society, Prayagraj is organizing two-day National Symposium & Awards (Virtual) on “Law, Society and Changing Social Norms” & “Contemporary Legal Issues” on 09th and 10th of January 2021.
About the Event
Eminent personalities from various spheres of legal profession will be attending the symposium to share their perspective and expertise on the issue to be discussed. Through this symposium, we aspire to generate interest, enhance and leverage the understanding of the students in the ongoing dialogue of “Law, Society and Changing Social Norms” & “Contemporary Legal Issues” and its intricate dynamics.
The objective of the symposium is to provide a platform to students of various law schools and members of the allied disciplines to have qualified discussions on various themes revolving around the topic.
This symposium will provide an opportunity to bring together the curious and inquisitive students to the legal luminaries and professionals who are involved in the area of Law and Society. The symposium will be an educational event consisting of invited talks and panel discussions to galvanize the targeted aware citizens for the benefit.
Call for Submissions
Droit Penale Group is looking forward to proposals in the form of abstracts, by the Academician, Corporate, Bureaucrat, policymakers, journalists, representatives of Government Organizations, civil society/NGOs, Lawyers, Research Scholars and Students, both from India and abroad.
The Abstract should not only address the Key issues but also highlight different views and arguments in the current scenario. The abstract should expressly include the novelty of the idea that the writer wishes to put forth. This should furthermore categorically mention the specific outcome of the research paper; however, it should provide the existing literature with the practical utility of author’s recommendations.
Theme I: Criminal Law and Criminal Justice
- Crime & Criminal Justice System In India
- Rights of Accused
- Delay in trial
- Theory of punishment and its effectiveness in controlling heinous crimes
- Inmates rapes in jail
- Reformation of Criminal Justice System
- Moral Policing in India
- Dilemmas in criminology and criminal justice.
- Criminal Justice technology in 21st century- crime prevention and policing
- Trends and issues in crime and criminal justice
- Contemporary crime discourse and depiction.
- Criminal jurisprudence in India in wake of Supreme Court judgements and technological advancements.
- Jurisprudence aspect of theories of punishment in modern days
- Hostile Witness
Theme II: New Emerging Crimes and Responses of Law
- Cyber Crimes In India In Consonance With Laws Of Developed Countries
- Cyber Terrorism/ Hate Speech on Social Media & Its Conviction As Per Indian Criminal Law
- Technology crime related to online games
- White Collar Crimes
- Police Atrocities
- Honour Killing
- Race, Ethnicity, social structure and crime.
- Organised Crimes
Theme III: Media Laws
- Issues Relating to Media Trial In India
- Role of BCCC
- Payed TRP Issues
- Freedom of Expression and Media
- Live Debates in Media Houses
Theme IV: Public Policy and Administration
- Statistical Foundations for Public Management and Policy
- Public Administration and Society
- Public Financial Management and Budgeting
- Policy and Program Evaluation
- Human Behavior in Public Organizations
- Professional Practice of Public Administration
- Urban Planning and Social Policy
- Financial Management of Nonprofit Organizations
- Strategic Planning in the Public Sector
- Nonprofit Management and Leadership
- Human Resources Management in Public and Non-Profit Organizations
- Nonprofit Policy and Management
- Political and Legal Environment of Public Administration
- Economics for Policy, Planning, and Development
Theme V: Legal Reforms in COVID-19 Era
- Labour law reforms
- Work from home
- THE DISASTER MANAGEMENT ACT, 2005.
- Epidemic Disease Act 1897
- Healthcare right during pandemic
- Reasons for the Increase of cruelty in marriage during pandemic
- Elderly right for getting treatment during pandemic
- Cremation right of the dead body
- Any other topic related to COVID-19 issues is open for submission.
Members and Researchers from the Academia, Bureaucracy, Policymakers, Journalists, representatives of Government Organizations, Civil society/NGOs, Lawyers; Research Scholars and Students from Law, Public Policy, and allied subjects and multi-disciplinary fields are invited to contribute to the seminar. The
contributions are accepted from India and all across the globe.
- Co-Authorship up to a maximum of two authors is allowed. Single authors are also eligible.
How to Participate?
Abstract: The abstract should not exceed 350 words. It shall also have a minimum of three(3) keywords.
- The soft copy of the final research paper must be submitted in .doc/.docx format to with the subject “Research Paper Submission” at email@example.com
- A cover letter mentioning the Title of the paper and relevant sub-theme, Name of the Author(s), Course, Year of Study (if applicable), Name of the college/University (if applicable), Professional Position (if applicable), with Postal Address, Email address and Contact Number. Apart from the cover letter, there should not be anywhere mention of any of the details of the author/s. The file name must contain the name of the author(s) along with the name of the paper. (“Name of the author”, “Name of the research paper).
Droit Penale Group: A Unit of Arjun Das Gulati Memorial Society keeping with the mandate of publishing original material adopts a stringent anti-plagiarism policy. Any paper containing any unattributed work is liable to be rejected and the authors have submitted the plagiarism report with the final submission, mandatorily.
The WhatsApp group shall be formed and the participants will be shared all the details of the presentation and the link of the google meet.
- The main text should be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and line spacing of 1.5.
- The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with spacing 1.0
- One-inch margins should be maintained on all four sides.
- Citation style: ILI
- The maximum length of the paper shall not exceed 5500-6000words, (excluding the footnotes/end notes/annexure/reports etc).
- All the abstract submission is to be made in Microsoft Word (.doc) 2007/2010. Full paper has to be submitted in word file.
There shall be no registration fee.
- The presentation is restricted to 5 minutes + 2 minutes time questions and answers.
- The selected author(s) have to submit an I-Card of the concerned university/ college or Aadhar Card with the final submission.
There shall be TWO awards for the Best Presentations in each theme. The winners will be awarded with Trophies, Certificates and the cash prize of 5,000/-
- Late Shri. Arjun Das Gulati Best Presentation
- Late Shri. Gopal Dutt Bhatt Best Presentation
- Submission of Abstracts by 20th December 2020
- Submission of full papers by 2nd January 2020
- International Seminar Date: 09th-10th January 2021
Organising Secretary: Ms. Yogita Jain: Coordinator, Droit Penale: ILJCC: +91-9667670996