HNLU’s Journal of Law and Social Sciences invites submissions for its forthcoming Volume VI.
About HNLU JLSS
The journal welcomes and intends to promote authors from various backgrounds having a strong interface with law. HNLU JLSS endeavours to cradle research among the legal academia, practising lawyers, students, research scholars and domain experts.
It promotes thought-provoking analysis and discussions on contemporary legal and socio-political issues. It is also an attempt to provide a standard platform for quality research papers.
- Articles (5000 to 10000 words, inclusive of footnotes): Papers comprehensively analysing a theme.
- Essays (3000 to 5000 words, inclusive of footnotes): Papers concisely analysing specific contemporary issues.
- Case Notes and/or Legislative Commentaries (2000 to 7000 words, inclusive of footnotes).
- Book Reviews: Between 2,000 to 3,000 words.
- Co-authorship of papers (maximum two) between individuals from the same or different institutions is allowed.
- Abstract: Each manuscript must contain an abstract of not more than 250 words. This is inclusive of the above-mentioned word limit prescribed for each submission category.
- Citations must conform to the standards laid down in The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20 th edition).
- Submissions must use only footnotes as a form of citation.
- Font Type and Size of the main text must be Times New Roman, 12.
- Font Type and Size of footnotes must be Times New Roman, 10.
- Line Spacing of the main text and footnotes must be 1.5 and 1, respectively.
- Use of headings and Sub-Headings is encouraged. Headings and Sub-Headings should be numbered, should be of the same font type and size as the main text and should be in bold.
- Page borders and ‘All caps’ in the titles and sub-titles must be avoided.
The name of the file must contain Name of the Author(s) + Title of the Submission.
Last date for submission of full paper: 20th December 2020.
- The submissions should be original work of the authors and must not be published elsewhere. Submissions with plagiarized content and copyright issues will not be accepted for publication.
- By sending the submissions to the Hidayatullah National Law University, the author(s) agree to assign exclusive copyright in the work to University. It shall be entitled to, without limitation, publish and reproduce the submission or part(s) thereof in any manner it sees fit with due acknowledgement to the author and subject to the doctrine of fair use
as enumerated under the Indian Copyright Act.
- The editors reserve the right to edit the submissions or part(s) thereof for publication without permission from or further notice to the author.
- After initial screening, short-listed submissions will go through a double-blind peer-review process and the final selection will be based on that procedure.
Mr. Jeevan Sagar, Assistant Professor of English & Coordinator HNLU PRESS
Email: jlss[at]hnlu.ac.in, press[a]hnlu.ac.in, jeevan.sagar[at]hnlu.ac.in
Mobile Number: +91 99930 85712